An elegant recipe for an easy, fresh vegan soup: garlic almond soup. The flavor of the garlic is a great combination with the sweet almond.
Sometimes you've got house guest that are vegetarian. Or maybe you're a vegetarian yourself. With this soup recipe you get a delicious and elegant recipe. A great soup for Christmas.
- this recipe calls for blanched almonds. If you've got almonds with skin, put them in a pan with boiling water for 1 minutes. Drain them and rub them with a towel. The skins will remove quite easy.
- you want to get as much flavor as possible, crush the garlic with the back of a spoon. Crushing garlic will give a lot of extra flavor.
- substitute fresh herbs with 1 teaspoon dry thyme and 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- a crunchy baguette and an olive oil herb dipper. Make the dipper with olive oil, coarse sea salt, dried rosemary and dried thyme.
- if you want a creamy soup add 100 ml cream. Note that the recipe isn't vegan anymore.
- Cool down the soup quick after preparing and store it for 2 days in the refrigerator. When warming the soup, let it become very warm, but don't let it come to the boil.
- The soup can be stored for 3 months in the freezer. Let the soup thaw in the refrigerator. When warming the soup let it become hot, but don't let it come to the boil.
Other luxe soup
- French lentil soup with bacon
- Radish cream soup (vegetarian)
- Soup with peas and crayfish
- Rich tomato soup (vegetarian)
It's a good taste!
Recipe Garlic almond
Garlic almond soup
This recipe is:
- 4 garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme fresh
- 2 twigs rosemary fresh
- 1 potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 160 grams almonds
- salt and pepper lemon juice at taste
- Crush the garlic and take the skin of.
- Slice the garlic finely.
- Peel the potato, wash it and cut in 1 x 1 cubes.
- In a pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and herbs and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the potato cubes and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the stock in and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Put the heat of and add the almonds.
- Thake the fresh herbs out.
- Take the blender and smooth the soup.
- Taste and add salt, pepper of lemon juice if necessary.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.