A delicious gluten-free seeds and nut loaf. Because when you're entertaining guests with a food allergy or intolerance, you want to serve them something delicious. And this bread is a healthy and great choice.
Yum, I hear you say, and that's true. Crispy, nutty flavour and gluten free and lactose free! The recipe is made when preparing a challenge from the Daring Kitchen and adapted from a recipe of The Kiwi Cook.
💭 Top tips
- Nuts and seeds are moisture-loving, so add water to nuts and seedsand let it stand for at least 2 hours. The moisture is then absorbed by the seeds and nuts and when baking the bread will burn less quickly.
- If you have a nut allergy leave the nuts behind. If you're baking for someone else ask if they've got only a nut allergy or also a seed allergye. A nut allergy or intolerance is not the same as a seed allergy, but there are people who have both allergies.
- You add physillium to the bread so all ingredients stick together. Physillium has a great binding force.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Gluten-free seeds and nut loaf
- 140 grams sunflower seeds
- 90 grams flaxseed
- 50 grams hazelnuts chopped
- 135 grams oatmeal gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 3 tablespoons psyllium seed crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt fine
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 coconut oil melted
- 375 ml water
- Mix the seeds, nuts, oatmeal, psyllium and salt.
- Mix in a second bowl the agave syrup, coconut oil and the water.
- Add the two together and whisk well.
- Put in a cake tin of 25 cm length.
- Leave for at least 2 hours at room temperature, so that it becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the bread for the first time for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the mold and place the bread on the rack in the oven.
- Bake again 30-40 minutes until nicely crisp.
- Let cool on a wire rack before you eat.