Healthy muesli with quinoa and goji berries. That sounds like a delicious breakfast (and it is). You can easily make it yourself with this recipe.
You can buy ready-made granola (which can also be very tasty) or you make it from scratch. This offers several advantages: you know what's in it (and you can add anything you like), and the whole house smells wonderful.
I do like to vary my cereal, I make it very often like a simply natural, a detox granola or I flavor it to the season by example to indicate a winter touch. And today I felt like a healthy muesli. Also because the summer season is coming and I'm always in for a bit lighter food, even for breakfast. And I certainly have achieved it by the addition of quinoa and goji berries.
Possible healthy effects goji
There are all kinds of health effects attributed to goji berries. They would increase the resistance, promote digestion, help prevent dizziness and headaches. And quinoa is good for digestion and contains magnesium, which in turn would be good for example, migraine. (Although in Peru, the region where quinoa originated subscribe quinoa as a poor man's food).
All in all, I made a healthy breakfast, but honestly I made it because I like it. It's as simple as that. But it tastes good!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Healthy granola with quinoa and goji
Healhty granola with quinoa and goji berries
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 100 grams walnuts
- 150 grams oatmeal
- 150 grams quinoa
- 40 grams coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat in a saucepan sunflower oil and honey until they become fluid.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely and place in a bowl.
- Add the oatmeal, quinoa and coconut shavings with the walnuts in the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Pour the warm honey syrup into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well coated.
- Spoon the cereal on the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, but make sure you stir every five minutes (don't forget or it will burn).
- Remove the granola from the oven, let it stand briefly and mix goji berries through.
- When the granola has cooled down, you can save it for about 2 weeks in a sealed airtight jar.