A recipe for orange cake with olive oil, a delicious sweet winter recipe. Moist and a delicious orange flavor combined with sea salt.
When surfing on the web I came across the recipe for an orange cake, which is published in a cookbook from Saveur : Italian comfort. What a delicious cake, when this is the standard for the rest of the book I can definitely recommend it. The cake gots a fun orange flavor and is airy, smells delicious, moist and a hint of olive oil. A real cake for winter times.
Recipe Orange cake with olive oil
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Orange cake with olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 450 grams sugar
- olive oil for brushing the tin
- 325 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs size L
- 6 tablespoons olive oil olive oil with lemon is extra tasty but not necessary
- 30 ml orange juice
- 15 grams confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or fleur de sel
- Wash the oranges and cut a slice of the bottom and top with a sharp knife.
- Cut the orange into thin slices, remove the pits.
- In a large pan, pour 1.5 liters of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the oranges and bring to the boil again.
- Drain and again bring 1.5 liters of water to the boil, add the oranges, bring to a boil again. Repeat this last step one more time.
- Finally add 1 liter of water to the pan and 200 grams of sugar. Boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- When that happens, put the slices of orange into the pan. Boil for 30 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a 23 cm cake tin with olive oil. Sprinkle with flour, turn around and knock out the flour.
- Put a baking paper on the bottom of the tin.
- Grind the sugar orange with the orange juice.
- Put them in a bowl and add the flour, baking powder, purification salt, vanilla extract, eggs and olive oil and mix with the mixer for 3 minutes until it's airy and creamy.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and put it in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes until it is golden brown and cooked.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and then take it out of the spring form.
- Put on a grid that you put on a baking plate (against leakage of the glaze).
- Prick some holes in the top of the cake.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the orange juice with the powdered sugar.
- With a brush, spread the icing on the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the salt.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)