A quiche with lots of flavor and filled with crispy kale, mackerel and Parmesan cheese. A delicious Winter quiche.
Do you know the television program Master Chef? This program gots a mystery challenge where you have to prepare a dish with 3 of the 6 ingredients chosen by the program makers. Our Dutch food blog club , also gots a mystery challenge . This month we were surprised with six unique ingredients that are random chosen. This time these ingredients were: cranberries , parmesan cheese, black beans, kale, mango and mackerel. And then there are some basic ingredients such as flour, eggs, milk, oils and herbs which you can use to complete your recipe. After a moment's thought, I went for a quiche . With fresh kale from the picking garden, mackerel, and parmesan cheese. And the result was very tasty! So there you have it: a mystery challenge which can bring an uncommon and surprising recipe which tastes great.
A day on the
Today is colder. The wind has increased strength and the sun is less visible . In short, I put my winter jacket in the closet but put it on again when I went to inspect the garden. Unfortunately, the newly planted beans are not yet visible and the spinach has yet to show its head above the ground. The seedlings inside our home do a better job they are really growing. The tomato seedlings should really soon be transferred to a bigger pot , so they can keep it up until May . But if you look in the garden you can see it has been grow weather. The lavender already shows lovely new green leafs and I transferred it to a bigger pot , so they can keep it up until May . But if you look in the garden you can see it has been grow weather. The lavender already shows lovely new green leaves.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Quiche with kale , mackerel and parmesan
Did you make this Quiche with kale, mackerel and Parmesan cheese? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Quiche with kale, mackerel and Parmesan cheese
- 120 butter cold
- 240 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50 grams kale
- 3 eggs size L
- 75 grams mackerel
- 75 grams parmesan cheese
- 50 ml milk
- Put the butter, salt and flour in a food processor with knife and pulse several times, until the butter gots the size of peas.
- Then add the egg and water.
- Pulse again and see if a ball is formed. If it is not yet formed, add a tablespoon of water and repeat the previous step.
- Remove the ball from the food processor and fold it in plastic wrap.
- Put away in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough and cover the quiche form with it. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and add the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until it has shrunken.
- Divide the kale over the quiche shapes.
- Clean the mackerel thoroughly and put that in the quiche forms.
- Beat the egg with the milk and pour over the cabbage mackerel mixture.
- Grate the parmesan cheese on top and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
- Quiche bakingform