Spaghetti bolognese is always tasty, right? But do you dare to eat this spaghetti bolognese with mozzarella and olives? A scary Halloween recipe.
What is this that I get on my plate again? That was the first reaction I received when I served this. Purple spaghetti, eyes that looked at you and the blood (the bolognese sauce) that dripped off. It did not immediately look super attractive to eat out. But that is not the intention of this recipe. With Halloween, your plate may look a little different. And this plate with those creepy eyes fits in perfectly with the theme. And should you think that this is very difficult? Now that is not so bad, it will not cost you more time than you normally need for this delicious recipe.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Scary spaghetti
Scary spaghetti bolognese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic squeezed
- 300 minced beef
- 15 grams herbs like thyme, rosemary, basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 60 grams tomato puree
- 400 grams peeled tomatoes
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 400 grams spaghetti
- purple dye
- 150 grams mozzarella mini
- green olives
- black olives
- Put some oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until it's translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. Turn down the heat.
- Add the tomato puree and bake for 2 minutes until it no longer smells sour.
- Add the minced meat and fry while you stir.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes, peeled tomatoes, herbs, sugar and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Place the bay leaf on it.
- Place the lid on the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf. The bolognese sauce is ready.
- Bring a pan with plenty of water to the boil.
- Add a few drops of purple food coloring.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions for use.
- Cut the front and back of the black olives (that will be the outside of the eye).
- Make a small circle of the green olives and press it into the black circles.
- Spoon the spaghetti over the plates and add some bolognese sauce.
- Divide the mozzarella over the spaghetti and place an eye on each scoop of mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.