The asparagus season is in the Netherlands starting at the second Thursday of April and runs until the longest day of the year: June 21st. White gold, as the asparagus is called then needs the rest of the season to store enough nutrients for the next year's harvest.
Recipes with asparagus
Asparagus in recipes is often seen in combination with ham and egg or smoked salmon. These flavors combine wonderfully with each other.
Also on my site you can find delicious asparagus recipes back, such as:
- mustard soup with smoked salmon and green asparagus
- asparagus soup with ham and egg
As you can see delicious soup recipes with asparagus, but unfortunately still no main course. Until today because it is about to change. This delicious spaghetti with asparagus, ham and egg combines three delicious flavors with this silky spaghetti.
- The egg is poached rather than fried or boiled the egg yolk will delightful mix with the spaghetti which gives it a creamy taste.
- You break the asparagus instead of slicing it, you thereby determine exactly where the juicy part of the asparagus begins. You hold the asparagus at the bottom and bend the top slowly until it breaks in two.
- To find out whether you really got fresh asparagus, you test it by rubbing two asparagus on each other. When you hear a peeping sound you confirm they are fresh.
- You've already purchased your asparagus, but need them tomorrow and want to keep them fresh, you just roll them in a wet cloth and keep them in the refrigerator.
- You add asparagus peel to the bottom of the pan while cooking asparagus they get extra tasty.
- You pour vinegar in the water when poaching, the egg solidifies faster and keeps its shape.
Recipe: Spaghetti with asparagus, ham and egg