Viva Espana! This recipe for an airy Spanish omelette is deliciously filled with tuna, tomatoes, capers and thyme. Try it yourself!
In Spain you can enjoy delicious food. The Tapas country, tasty paella's and many seafood dishes. A country where my food heart starts to jump.
And if we go to Spain for a holiday, I always eat and try new food. Have a nice meal at a cozy beachside bar. Like the one we found on the beach where only locals come, with Spanish music, wide spread and almost empty (on weekdays, because on Saturdays and Sundays it is full of Spaniards) beachside where they serve delicious food and Sangria.
During the week we relax there and enjoy the rest and in the weekends we look at the colorful scenes because the Spaniards drag on a lot of stuff from home to the beach . Complete tables, chairs and lots of food. They are busy people and the food smells real good.
This lunch dish I made today fits that beach. Tasteful, with tuna fish, simple and yet full of flavor. I'll be totally relaxed again.
- You want to add more flavor bake the omelette in the oil where the sun-dried tomatoes are stored in
- If you want the omelette to be smooth, let him lightly fasten at the top, but not over and over.
- This omelette is delicious with an arugula salad
It's a good taste!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 eggs size L
- 75 grams tuna drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, thyme and tuna.
- Slice the tuna small if necessary.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan on high fire.
- Add the omelette mixture. With a wooden spoon bring a bit of egg to the middle until it's just solidified, but not dry.
- Fold the top ⅓ inwards.
- Also fold the bottom to the middle and slide on a plate.
- Serve with a delicious salad
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan