A delicious healthy breakfast, this tomato stuffed with egg, herbs and parmesan. Bake in the oven and enjoy!
It is Sunday and today I share with you a delicious breakfast, ideal for Sunday mornings. These super tasty tomatoes are stuffed with egg, grated Parmesan and a delicious seasoning. 30 minutes in the oven and while it all starts to smell good, you set the table.
The tomatoes are best served on a small plate with knife and fork. And I've got another tip: make sure you put the tomatoes standing up. That sounds very logical, but the tomatoes have a slight round bottom, so risk of falling is there. A little slice off the bottom, makes it steady but isn't possible because then your egg would drip out of the tomato. So I tucked the tomatoes between balls of aluminum foil. That went fine.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Tomatoes stuffed with eggs, herbs and Parmesan cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 3 eggs size L
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes.
- Scoop the tomato with a spoon.
- Break the eggs over a bowl and mix them.
- Slice the Parmesan. Spread half of the Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Pour the eggs in the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and herbs on the eggs.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.