This tagliatelle with shrimp salad is a delicious lunch dish. Serve with hot weather or if you want to get some extra vitamins. A very tasty salad.
The weather was good, for the past few days. I like cooking, but with good weather I become a bit lazy. I don't want to stand in the kitchen all day. And my garden needed a lot of attention. That are definitely a good reasons for eating salads. And I personally love them. Not the solely green ones (with only lettuce). I want a bite. I had a few shrimps that I wanted to use and so I made a tagliatelle with shrimp salad. My husband, although he doesn't like cold tagliatelle to much, did love the salad.
And my children, except for the youngest one, they didn't want to taste it. The youngest one didn't ate all of his salad, just the shrimps (which is one of his favourites) and the cucumber.
You can't please everyone. Unfortunately the weather forecast isn't that good. Autumn like is the word. And that is too bad because I still have a lot of salad inspiration.
Tips for recipes with
- Raw shrimp are gray, they are pink when they are done. When baking in a frying pan until done takes about 3 minutes. They can also be cooked in hot water or broth until pink. Immediately remove them from the heat, because if you cook them too long, they become smaller and tough.
- Shrimp won't smell, if they smell they are not fresh.
- Shrimp can be bought with head and tail, single tail and completely peeled. Peeling is not difficult, but if you haven't done previously, you better take the ones with only the tail or opt for completely peeled and let it be explained on a later occasion by someone who has done it before. It is a trick that you should have seen once.
- On the outside of the shrimp might a dark line be visible. That's the gut of the shrimp. Cut with a sharp knife very careful and shallow above the gut and pull it out gently.
- Store the shrimp in the refrigerator on ice, to make sure that they stay cool.
It's a good taste!
Tagliatelle with shrimp
Did you make this Tagliatelle with shrimp salad? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Tagliatelle with shrimp salad
- 16 shrimps
- 200 grams tagliatelle fresh home made or store bought
- ½ cucumber English
- 1 carrot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- fried onions
- Prepare the tagliatelle following the description
- Half the cucumber and scrape out the seeds (so the salad won't get to wet).
- Slice in small bits.
- Scrape the carrot and slice it in small stripes (julienne).
- Heat in a small saucepan the oil.
- Lower the fire and add the garlic (optional you can even add a small pepper for the taste).
- Stir for one minute.
- Add the shrimp and on medium fire, stir-fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp on a plate and sieve the oil.
- Add the sugar and the balsamic vinegar to the oil.
- In a serving bowl add the cucumber, carrot, tagliatelle and the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the oil/vinegar on top and mix the salad well. On top add the fried onions.