A wrap up for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. 7 recipes to serve your guests including a time table for a stress free dinner. Have a nice Thanksgiving!
It’s almost the fourth Thursday of November and that means Thanksgiving day. This day is celebrated in the United States of America and Canada (a few weeks earlier, namely the second Monday of October).
The meaning of Thanksgiving Day is to be thankful for the harvest and other good things to be thankful about. I think it’s great to spend a day being thankful and so I like to participate in the Thanksgiving day and make my own Thanksgiving dinner. And I’m going to share it with you, including the recipes and time table.
And of course I thank you for visiting my blog and wish you a great Thanksgiving.
It’s a good taste!
Thanksgiving wrap up recipes and
Hereby the recipes in the order of serving:
- Oriental pumpkin carrot soup
- Rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls
- Oven baked potatoes
- Brussels sprouts with orange glaze
- Cranberry stuffed turkey breast
- Pumpkin cheesecake and/or
- Apple crumble dessert
Below the shopping list and a Time table that will help you through dinner easily.
Thanksgiving wrap up
- 1 onion
- 1 cm ginger fresh
- 1 bulb garlic
- coconut milk
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- 150 grams carrot
- 425 grams pumpkin
- 1 lemon
- 500 grams Brussels sprouts
- 1 orange
- 100 grams pecans salted
- 12 potatoes biological, red skn
- 1 shallot
- 500 grams cranberries
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 ml port wine
- 4 turkey breast
- 1 jar pesto green
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- 200 ml milk
- 200 grams coffee cookies
- 400 grams cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 750 grams apples baking apple like goud reinette
1 week ahead
- Make the cranberry compote, store in the refrigerator.
- Make the rosemary pumpkin dinner rolls and store them in the freezer.
1 day before
- Prepare the oriental pumpkin carrot soup, let it cool down and store in the refrigerator.
- Bake the pumpkin cheesecake and store in the refrigerator until use.
In the morning
- Clean the Brussels sprouts, put the ingredients for the Orange glaze together.
- Make the stuffed Turkey breastand store them in the refrigerator.
- Get the dinner rolls from the freezer and let them thaw.
- Prepare the apple crumble dessert and store in the refrigerator until use.
- Set the table.
1 hour before starting dinner
- Prepare the oven baked potatoes casserole
15 minutes before starting dinner
- Warm the oriental pumpkin carrot soup on low heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
5 minutes before starting dinner
- Put the turkey breast in the oven.
Just before serving the soup
- Put the potatoes in the oven with the Turkey.
- Serve the soup with the rosemary pumpkin buns
15 minutes before serving the main meal
- Start preparing the Brussels sprouts.
- Keep an eye on the potato casserole and the Turkey. When they brown to much, put some aluminium foil on top.
- Just before serving the main meal
- Take the Turkey and potatoes from the oven.
- Put the apple crumble dessert in.
Serve the main meal
Serve the apple crumble dessert and the pumpkin cheese cake