This watermelon slush with only 3 ingredients is deliciously sweet, refreshing and cooling with hot days.
Because it was such a hot weather I decided to make something cold but low-calorie (I don't want to weigh extra pounds in the holidays) so I opted for a watermelon slush.
Quickly made, tasty, refreshing, slightly sweet and delicious for a hot day like today!
Tips and tricks:
- Pour the pureed watermelon in a plastic container and put in the refrigerator. Mix every half hour with a fork until it is frozen.
- Make sure your watermelon is very cold when you start. Otherwise, it takes a very long time before you get a nice slush.
- You add some sugar because by freezing watermelon it will become less sweet
- Remove seeds from your mash. Surely no one wants a slush with seeds!
1 day before:
- Cut the melon into pieces, remove the seeds and puree the flesh. Store in a refrigerator.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this watermelon slush? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 1 watermelon seedless
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice the watermelon in cubes and blend them until you've got a puree. If necessary do this in batches.
- Stir the sugar and lemon juice through.
- Pour in a freezer box and put it in the freezer.
- Stir every half an hour with a fork until the slush is frozen.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.