Watermelon grape ice popsicles are refreshing and full of fruit. What a delicious surprise when weather is hot. A healthy summer snack with only 3 ingredients.
The ice popsicles are flying out of the fridge when it's hot weather as is fruit. And what fun to combine both in a delicious snack. Our favourite fruit in the summer is watermelon. I just can't buy enough of that. Second are grapes and the third place goes to the Piel de Sapo melon.
When I have one of doest at home then they are gone before I know it. Well, the kids (and me too) are a bit spoiled so both the watermelon and grapes are seedless. That's so easy.
For this recipe I froze pieces of melon and grapes, puréed the fruit with sugar water, poured into molds and freeze. Why add sugar to sweet fruit you maybe wonder, but when you make ice cream, the sweet taste of the fruit will become less because of the cold. In this case, a bit tasteless. So I added sugar water. Feel otherwise free to exchange it with honey or use another sweetener.
💭 Top tips
- you want your ice lollipops full of colour, you take fruit with nice contrasting colours. In this case red watermelon and green grapes. But also mango, strawberry and banana give beautiful colours.
- you want to avoid sugar, take 350 grams of each type of fruit (and don't add sugar) or choose honey or agave syrup and add water until you've got 200 ml liquid.
- you don't have popsicle molds, you can also use small coffee cups and place a wooden stick in the middle.
Watermelon grape ice popsicles
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups water
- 1⅔ cups watermelon seedless
- 1⅔ cups grapes seedless
- Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it. (If you would like sugar-free or sugar substitute, please read the tips in the because section)
- Put the sugar water in the refrigerator.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and freeze it for 2 hours.
- Freeze grapes for 2 hours.
- Add the watermelon to the blender bowl and mix with half of the sugar water to a purée.
- Blend the grapes with the remaining sugar water into a purée sorbet.
- Fill the molds alternately with the fruit mixture.
- Put in the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours.