A delicious recipe for whole wheat muffins with goji berries and raisins. Easy to prepare, this is a great breakfast recipe with a superfood.
Stay in bed, put the oven on. Smell the warm buns, the flavour of fresh coffee. Eat together, all family members are present. Delicious buns with jams, slow, enjoy. The ideal Sunday morning. And maybe bake some whole wheat muffins to.
Of course we like that Sunday morning to. And besides the delicious soft buns, an egg, orange juice and fresh coffee, I always make a sweet bite (only on Sunday!). This Sunday I made muffins. And these muffins got, besides our sweet bite, healthy additions: goji berries, raisins and whole flour.
- You can soak the raisins and goji berries a night in cold water before use (you always have to soak them before baking). But by soaking them 10 minutes in really hot water, the end result is almost the same (but a lot quicker).
- A muffin batter may contain some lumps. But you've to make sure that the batter is mixed well.
- by substituting the yogurt by soy yogurt and the milk by a lactose free variant, this muffin will be lactose free.
- the whole wheat flour can be replaced by whole wheat spelt flour for the same result. Some people can better tolerate spelt.
- Nuts. Add 50 grams of chopped nuts in this recipe.
- Dark chocolate. 50 grams of dark chocolate will give a delicious flavor.
- Store these muffins air tight up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Don't store them in the refrigerator. While a refrigerator is humid, your muffin gets another structure.
- These muffins can be frozen and stored for 1 month. By baking them in the oven (underneath aluminium foil), so they are thawed and warm inside (for 10 minutes 180 degrees) and they taste like they are fresh.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Whole wheat muffins with goji berries and
Did you make this Whole wheat muffins with goji berries and raisins? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Whole wheat muffins with goji berries and raisins
- 300 grams whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 110 grams light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg size L
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 mL yoghurt
- 250 mL milk
- 80 mL vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams raisins
- 40 grams goji-berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the paperforms in the muffin / cupcake baking plate.
- Boil some water and soak the raisins and berries for 10 minutes.
- Put the raisins and berries in a sieve.
- In the first bowl mix the baking powder, whole wheat flour, sugar and salt.
- In a second bowl whisk the honey, egg, yoghurt, milk, vanilla and oil.
- With a spatula whisk the flour mix through, until all flour is wet.
- Then add the berries and raisins and whisk gently until it's even mixed.
- Divide the batter over the forms and put the baking plate in the oven.
- Let bake until done about 25 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.