This steak is marinated in wine, bay leaf and garlic. All this marinated for at least 8 hours and then grilled on the bbq. And so became Portugal and America a match.
Today at 24:00 (Dutch time) the soccer game Portugal / USA is scheduled and so I made a matching dish. I had thought to make something of the bbq because that is truly American. And the meat is marinated according to a Portuguese recipe (Espetadas). A classic combination and very tasty too. The meat is tender and has a lot of flavor.
I served it with bbq sauce, but that wasn't even really necessary.
- Make sure you marinate your meat for at least 8 hours. The wine and time that it gets to marinade makes the beef very tender.
- If you can find use for marinating the meat a true Portuguese wine. That way you keep the food in style.
- By adding oil to the marinade the meat will stick less on your bbq.
It's a good taste!
Espetadas (Portugese entrecote)
on the BBQ
Espetadas (Portuguese entrecote) from the BBQ
- 300 grams prime rib
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the prime rib into cubes of approximately 2 x 2 cm.
- Mix the garlic, bay leafs, red wine and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prime rib to the marinade, cover with plastic foil and let marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Thread the prime rib on the skeweres.
- Grill the skewers until they are nicely browned on all sides, about 3 minutes on each side.