Easy and fast, is the recipe of chicken with sweet potato in a creamy coconut curry. Serve with rice to get a delicious bowl of this great recipe.
Tuesday I work the whole day. And then a quick meal is always a solution. Sometimes we eat macaroni or fried rice, the ultimate speed recipes to make, but there are days I want to eat something different. The chicken with sweet potato in coconut sauce is fast and has lots of vegetables. And within 20 minutes on the table. What does a (wo)man want more on the busy days of the week!
Recipe Chicken and sweet potato in coconut curry
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic cut in small strips
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into cubes of 1 x 1 cm
- 1 leek thinly sliced
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until golden.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Let the onion glaze (about 3 minutes) and add the garlic.
- Sprinkle turmeric over the onion mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Mix well and spoon the sweet potato through.
- Simmer for 7 minutes, then add the leeks to the pan.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes, then add the chicken again and cook until everything is hot.
- Serve with rice and a salad!