Are you looking for a nice dinner recipe for Christmas or Thanksgiving? This duck breast filet with honey balsamic sauce is delicious. Just 4 ingredients, easy and stress-free.
Do you want something different than ham or turkey for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner. Try duck breast filet. A piece of meat that maybe won't come to your mind at first instant, but well prepared it's really delicious. And an added positive point, it's ready in a wink. And that's in my opinion a winner at the preparation of the Christmas dinner.
Below is a quick dish, it can't fail!
- you combine baking in a frying pan with oven baking, you get a duck breast which is moist.
- You bake the duck it gives more flavor to the duck.
- you cut the skin, the fats in the skin will melt faster and the skin will become crispy.
- you prepared the breast this way, it will be medium done. By extending the baking time for 5 minutes or more, you get the duck well done. Note that the chance occurs that the duck becomes dry.
It's a good taste!
Recipe duck breast filets with balsamic honey
Did you make this duck breast filet with honey balsamic sauce? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
duck breast filets with balsamic honey sauce
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Aluminium foil
- frying pan
- 600 gram duck breast
- 4 tablespoons balsamic cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the skin of the duck fillets crosswise. Make sure you only cut the skin and not the flesh.
- Heat a frying pan until it's very hot.
- Lay the duck breast in the pan, with the skin side below.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the skin is brown and crispy and turn.
- Bake another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile lay 4 pieces of aluminium foil on the baking plate.
- Lay each duck breast in a piece of aluminium foil and package them loosely.
- Lay them on the baking plate and put the plate during 5 minutes in the oven.
- Discard the duck fat from the frying pan, besides 4 teaspoons, and reheat.
- When the duck breast come out of the oven, unfold them a bit and pour the juices into the frying pan.
- Also add the honey, lemon juice and balsamic.
- Whisk everything and heat.
- Cut the duck and sprinkle with sauce.
- Serve the sauce as a side dish.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.