Asian rack of lamb marinade is flavorful. It's prepared in the oven, made from the best meat from the lamb. The soy sauce coating provides a delicious glaze on the outside of the tender meat. You then fry it briefly in the pan (for even more flavor) and continue roasting in the oven until the meat is medium cooked. An easy recipe for a rich and delicious piece of lamb.
This rack of lamb recipe uses rib bones that are still attached to each other. This makes it a type of meat that is very easy to prepare in a delicious way. Often the rack is flavored with a rub of green herbs. But what is also delicious is to marinate the rack with an Asian marinade of soy sauce, ginger, sambal and garlic. You quickly fry it in the pan and then you bake the rack of lamb in the oven until it is just right.
You bake the rack of lamb at a medium temperature in the oven, so that it is served tender and medium done on your plate. And to get a rich taste, fry it in the pan beforehand until it is nicely brown on all sides.
And afterward, you put the rack of lamb together with the baking liquid (even more flavor!) into the oven dish.
Asian lamsrack from the oven has a rich flavor due to the soy sauce marinade. A perfectly cooked piece of lamb.
Baked in the oven
Oven-baked lamsrack is a good choice when you want medium rare. It is much more difficult to cook the meat to the right temperature in the pan. Because you let the rack of lamb cook in the oven at a fixed temperature, it is easily possible to serve it medium rare on your plate.
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Rack of lamb - The meat has a soft structure and a delicious full flavor. And they are the best-baked medium done, but quite rosé. Check your rack of lamb before preparing. If it's not properly cleaned, the bone can have a layer of fat. Because this meat only has a short cooking time, that fat will be undercooked. So make sure you cut that fat side that away.
- Brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sambal - The ingredients for the soy sauce marinade. It will become nice and thick and so it is more of a glaze, a light glaze, that sticks on your rack of lamb. It combines wonderfully with this soft meat.
- Spring onion - Sprinkle some spring onion over the meat after baking. It has a slightly sweet, subtle flavor that goes well with the meat (and it also looks very nice when served). Cut it into thin strips.
A recipe that can be printed can be found at the bottom of this blog in the recipe card.
Step 1 - Prepare the soy sauce marinade
- Put the brown sugar and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add the sambal.
- Squeeze the garlic clove over the bowl.
- Grate the ginger on top of the marinade.
Step 2 - Marinate / Glaze the lamb
- Mix the marinade with a fork until you get a thick paste.
- Put the meat in the marinade and turn it over. Make sure it is generously covered. Marinate the lamb for at least 3 or 4 hours.
Step 3 - Fry the meat briefly
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the pan and fry the lamb for two minutes on high heat.
- Turn the lamsrack and cook for two more minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
Step 4 - Bake in the oven
- Place the rack of lamb with the baking liquid in an oven dish or on a baking sheet (lined with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 390 °F (200 °C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for three minutes so that the meat can rest and the juices in the meat can distribute well. Cut into slices and sprinkle with spring onions.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Asian rack of lamb Marinade
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- oven dish
- 16 pieces rack of lamb approx. 8 servings each
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli pepper
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 spring onions
- Check if the rack of lamb contains fat around the bones. When it does, remove it.
- Prepare a marinade of garlic, ginger, sambal, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Marinate the meat for 3 to 4 hours
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F (200 °C).
Bake the Asian rack of lamb
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and fry the lamb on all sides until it's brown.
- Put the meat with baking liquid in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Let the meat rest for 3 minutes and then cut it into slices.
- Serve with sliced spring onion