Green beans with herb breadcrumbs. Cook until slightly crispy. Then sprinkle them with homemade herb crumbs. A recipe for a delicious side dish.
Green beans are real spring vegetables. And so they fit perfectly in the Easter menu. You can of course cook them slightly crunchy, you can stir-fry or steam this vegetable and serve them with a knob of butter and sprinkle some nutmeg. But you can also change your habits and make this very tasty by serving them with herb breadcrumbs.
The herb breadcrumbs can be made a day in advance and stored in a sealed container. That wat you only have to cook the beans until they are slightly crispy in 3 - 5 minutes.
It's a good taste!
Green beans with herb
Green beans with herb breadcrumbs
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sun flower oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic grated
- pinch oregano
- pinch thyme
- salt and pepper at taste
- 500 grams green beans
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix in a bowl the breadcrumbs, sun flower oil, herbs and the salt and pepper.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on the baking tray and put in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the crumbs are crunchy and slightly brown.
- Bring a pan of water tot the boil and put a steaming basket on top (don't let it touch the water).
- Line the green beans in the steamer and steam for 3-5 minutes until they are done, but still crunchy.
- Put them on a tray and sprinkle the herb breadcrumbs on top.
- Grate some Parmesan Cheese on top.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.