Canned peaches over?Make this recipe of apple and peach oatmeal crumble.Made quickly and super tasty as a dessert with ice cream or custard.
Do you recognize that you did make a barbecue and you have some canned peaches left in the bowl (canned peaches are one of the favorite side dishes for my husband at a barbecue). He loves them but he can't eat them all by hisself. What I can imagine, because there are obviously quite a lot peaches just for one meal.
If I store the tin in the fridge, then I can throw the peaches in the bin in a few days, because one way or another he will only eat peaches at a barbecue. Sin, food waste, and that's something I definitely don't want (and I don't like to eat them this way because I don't like canned peaches that much). So I decided to make a crumble with the leftover (I do love crumbles though).
Leftover fruit becomes a
A crumble is nothing more than a delicious stew of fruit topped with a sweet crumb layer. You can vary in fruits (plums, cherries, apples, pears, peaches and so on), but also with the ingredients in the crumble layer. And by adding oatmeal to the top layer, it still seems a bit more healthy. Definitely a nice dessert to round off a delicious barbecue or meal. Serve the crumble with a scoop (vanilla) ice cream or vanilla custard. That really makes a delicious combination.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Apple and peach oatmeal
Apple and peach oatmeal crumble
- 2 Elster apples or other sweet apples
- 4 half peaches canned
- 4 tablespoons peach juice from the can
- 100 grams flour
- 50 grams butter diced (+ butter for the trays in greasing)
- 50 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.Grease the molds that you will use with butter. You can use small baking dishes or ramekins.
- Peel the apples and remove the core.
- Cut the apple into small cubes and put them in the ramekins. (Divide the apples over the bowls).
- Sprinkle the apples in the ramekins with peach juice.
- Bake the dishes for 10 minutes in the oven.
- In the mean time slice the peaches in small cubes.
- Make the topping by rubbing the flour with the butter between your fingers until you have coarse grains.
- Next, mix the sugar and oatmeal into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the peaches with the apple mixture (divide the peaches over the bowls).
- Top the fruit mixture of each bowl with ¼ th of the topping.
- Bake another 20 minutes in the oven.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.