A recipe for orange cake with olive oil, a delicious sweet winter recipe. Moist and a delicious orange flavor combined with sea salt.
When surfing on the web I came across the recipe for an orange cake, which is published in a cookbook from Saveur : Italian comfort. What a delicious cake, when this is the standard for the rest of the book I can definitely recommend it. The cake gots a fun orange flavor and is airy, smells delicious, moist and a hint of olive oil. A real cake for winter times.
Recipe Orange cake with olive oil
Orange cake with olive oil
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 2 oranges
- 450 grams sugar
- olive oil for brushing the tin
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs size L
- 6 tablespoons olive oil olive oil with lemon is extra tasty but not necessary
- 30 ml orange juice
- 15 grams confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or fleur de sel
- Wash the oranges and cut a slice of the bottom and top with a sharp knife.
- Cut the orange into thin slices, remove the pits.
- In a large pan, pour 1.5 liters of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the oranges and bring to the boil again.
- Drain and again bring 1.5 liters of water to the boil, add the oranges, bring to a boil again. Repeat this last step one more time.
- Finally add 1 liter of water to the pan and 200 grams of sugar. Boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- When that happens, put the slices of orange into the pan. Boil for 30 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a 23 cm cake tin with olive oil. Sprinkle with flour, turn around and knock out the flour.
- Put a baking paper on the bottom of the tin.
- Grind the sugar orange with the orange juice.
- Put them in a bowl and add the flour, baking powder, purification salt, vanilla extract, eggs and olive oil and mix with the mixer for 3 minutes until it's airy and creamy.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and put it in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes until it is golden brown and cooked.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and then take it out of the spring form.
- Put on a grid that you put on a baking plate (against leakage of the glaze).
- Prick some holes in the top of the cake.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the orange juice with the powdered sugar.
- With a brush, spread the icing on the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the salt.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.