A cranberry walnut coffee cake. A creamy cake filled with sweet cranberries and crunchy walnuts. With a hint of gingerbread spices. A great combination. And an easy recipe!
This pound cake with delicious cranberries and crunchy walnuts is one of those sweet treats where there won't be any slice left.
Even the crumbs were eaten away. The recipe is nice and easy and it takes just over an hour to put this on the table.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Cranberry walnut coffee cake
- 100 grams cranberries dried
- 1 egg size L
- 250 grams self-rising flour (or 245 grams flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 250 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 75 grams walnuts chopped
- 240 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit / 170 degrees Celsius.
- Brush a cake tin with butter.
- Soak the cranberries for 10 minutes in hot water. Drain and dry.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients: self-rising flour, salt, and gingerbread spices.
- In a second bowl mix the oil with the sugar for 2 minutes (until it's foamy) on high speed.
- Add the egg and mix until the egg is incorporated.
- Pour the milk with the liquids and mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and add the dry ingredients. When the ingredients are mixed turn the mixer off.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts and mix them through the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 60 minutes in the oven, until the cake is golden brown and done.
- Take the cake from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then get the cake out of the tin and let it cool down on a wire rack.