This delicious syrup waffle cake is creamy and sweet. With a crispy outer layer. Very tasty, almost too good to be true. Delicious to eat on Sunday when drinking coffee.
Syrup waffle (stroopwafel) cheesecake is something I make almost every time we've got a birthday party going on. Everyone is crazy about it. But to bake the cheesecake in between the birthdays goes a bit too far.
We've got a tradition that on Sunday we eat cake instead of a cookie. And this week I made a cake filled with syrup waffles. And it was a great success! A real winter flavored cake with gingerbread spice and syrup waffles, and you eat your fingers on it. This recipe of course I had to share with you.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Syrup waffle (stroopwafel) cake
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 200 grams butter room temperature + 1 tablespoon for greasing the pan
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs size L
- 4 egg yolks size L
- 200 grams self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 7 syrup waffles cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius.)
- Grease the cake tin with butter.
- Put the butter with the sugar in a bowl and mix until the butter mixture is pale yellow in color and fluffy (for 3 minutes).
- Add the egg yolks and mix until incorporated.
- Pour in the whole eggs one at a time while continuing to mix.
- Add the spices, salt, and vanilla extract and mix for another minute.
- Turn the mixer off and sieve the flour over the bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute at low speed.
- With a spatula gently spoon the waffles into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 50 minutes in the oven until the cake is done (check using a satay stick. If the stick comes to dry out the cake then the cake is ready).
- Let it stand for 5 minutes in the form and then get the cake out of the form onto a wire rack.