Do you love chocolate cake or are you more fond of vanilla? With this recipe you don't have to choose anymore: make a chocolate vanilla marble cake.
A delicious combination which looks spectacular. That doesn't mean it's a difficult recipe, because this cake is one of the easiest recipes I know.
You only have to make one batter which you divide over 2 bowls. One becomes your "normal" vanilla cake and the other batter will be mixed with cocoa. By then you'll only have to add the batter alternatively in the cake tin. Afterwards you swirl with your knife through the batter and then you get a marble form when the cake is baked. So no two cakes will be the same.
- You use all ingredients to room temperature, the cake becomes more airy.
- Every oven is different, check if the cake is done by punching a satay stick in the thickest part of the cake. When it comes out dry, the cake is ready and you can take it out of the oven. Otherwise you bake for another 5 minutes and you repeat the previous steps again.
- If you don't have vanilla extract? Exchange it with 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or the scrapings of 1 vanilla pod.
- Substitute cocoa with 2 tablespoons instant coffee for a marble cake with an added coffee flavor.
- You can also substitute the cocoa and hot water for 75 ml berry juice. That way you get a beautiful swirl cake with a fruit twist.
- Add 25 grams chocolate chunks in the cocoa batter bowl for an extra flavor explosion.
- By adding 25 grams of finely chopped pecans to the bowl with vanilla batter you get a nutty crispy bite.
- Wrap the cake in aluminium foil. You can store it 3 days at room temperature.
- You can freeze the cake. First wrap it in aluminium foil and afterwards in a plastic bag. You can store the cake for 3 months.
- Don’t store this cake in the refrigerator.
- blueberry cake, delicious with fresh blueberries
- Cranberry cake, a refreshing cake recipe
- raspberry chocolate cake, delicious until the last bite
- lactose free carrot cake, if you want or need to bake lactose free
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chocolate vanilla marble
Did you make this Chocolate vanilla marble cake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chocolate vanilla marble cake
- 250 grams butter unsalted, roomtemperature
- 250 grams sugar
- 4 eggs size L
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 grams self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons water hot
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the cake tin with butter. Sprinkle some flour in it and tap so the flour will cover the tin. Take the acces flour out of the tin.
- Mix the butter with the sugar on high speed in 3 minutes airy.
- Add the eggs one by one, while mixing. Add the next egg when the former one is incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Put the mixer on low speed and mix the self rising flour through the batter. Stop mixing when the flour is incorporated.
- Divide the batter into two separate bowls.
- In a bowl add the cocoa and hot water until it becomes a paste.
- Mix the cocoa paste into the second bowl with a spatula.
- Take the tin and add two tablespoons of cocoa batter on the bottom. Then add two tablespoons vanilla batter, followed by two tablespoons of cocoa batter. Continue until all the batter is done.
- Take a knife and swirl with the tip through the batter in the tin.
- Put the tin in the oven and bake for 60 minutes. Check if the cake is done by pricking a wooden skewer into the middle of the cake. When it comes out dry the cake is done. If it is a bit wet, bake for another 5 minutes, check again and repeat until the cake is done.
- Take from the oven, let it slightly cool for about 5 minutes and then loosen the cake from the tin on a wire rack. Let it cool down to room temperature.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.