These cupcakes got a chocolate taste and a topping that slightly taste after lavender. Together with sugarflowers a delicious combination.
As blogged earlier we had with a party of the oldest and I made lavender cupcakes. And they looked great. And not only that, they also tasted delicious. They were a great treat on such a perfect day. The recipe is from Martha Stewart, a famous American cook / TV presenter.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this lavender cupcakes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 100 grams flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 120 grams butter unsalted
- 45 grams dark chocolate finely chopped, 70%
- 335 grams sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 mL milk whole
- ½ teaspoon lavender fresh, biological
- 375 grams powdered sugar
- Violet food color Optional
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 2 muffin forms (12 pieces / per plate) with butter.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt it au-bain-marie, by hanging a bowl above boiling water (the bowl shouldn't touch the water).
- Stir until it is smooth.
- Let it cool a little.
- Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture and mix with a mixer for 3 minutes.
- Then add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Then whisk the vanilla extract through the atter.
- Grab a spatula and spoon the flour mixture gently into the batter until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter on the forms and put it in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Take the cupcakes out of the baking tin and let them cool on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before icing (otherwise it runs out).
- Bring the milk and lavender to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve and remove the lavender from the milk.
- Beat with a whisk or mixer the powdered sugar through the milk until it is smooth.
- Add, if desired, food color and mix until you've got an even color.
- Spread on the cupcakes and coat the top (completely cover)
- Decorate with sugar flowers
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.