This recipe for mini cheesecakes with forest fruit jelly has a crispy bottom, a creamy cheesecake with a sweet forest fruit jam in it. And because they are single servings, it's easy as a party treat! Try yourself.
Cheesecakes are always a delicious cake to serve on a birthday party. And even if you think, cheese in a sweet cake, you'll see after preparing it it won't taste as usual cheese. The cheese in cheesecake recipes refers to cream cheese and tastes more like a thick cream than cheese. That's because cream cheese is made from milk and cream. And it doesn't get ripened you eat it fresh, so it does not take time to develop a taste. That makes it very useful to use in sweet recipes such as cheesecakes.
Cheesecake recipes are very old. They are found back to the ancient Greeks and every country has its own varieties. In the Netherlands this is often the unbaked, whisked version with cottage cheese. In other countries it's usually baked in the oven. What most cheesecake recipes have in common is that they are baked on a crumb of biscuits, on which the topping is applied. Cheesecakes are often flavored. Chocolate and fruit are often the first choices, but you can find caramel, vanilla and even tea varieties. Like the varieties I have on this website you will find some delicious other cheesecake recipes: pumpkin cheesecake, a cheesecake with white chocolate and passion fruit and Dutch syrup waffle (stroopwafel) cheesecake.
A Dutch cheesecake
All off these delicious cheesecake recipes are baked. And so I found out that I haven't got a Dutch cheesecake version on my blog. Of course I'm going to change that very soon.
The cheesecakes in this recipe I baked on a bottom of coffee cookies. I find that the most delicious cookies to match a cheesecake recipe. Then the filling is poured over and a teaspoon of jelly is add. By baking them in the muffin pan you will get individual pastries. And that's very nice. Just try it yourself!
It's a good taste!
Recipe mini cheesecakes with forest fruit
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Mini cheesecakes with forest fruit jelly
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams coffee cookies
- 100 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg size M
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 75 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 teaspoons forest fruit jelly
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a muffin mold with oil.
- Put the cookies in a food processor and grind them well.
- Melt the butter in a pan and pour the melted butter with the biscuits.
- Stir well.
- Divide the biscuits mixture at the bottom of the 12 muffin molds.
- In a second bowl, mix the cream cheese with the sugar, about 3 minutes at high speed.
- Add the egg, the sour cream, the vanilla extract and the lemon and mix another 3 minutes.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture over the 12 molds.
- Heat the jam until it becomes liquid.
- Spoon a teaspoon of jam on top of each cheesecake. With the back of a spoon swirl the jam gently through the batter.
- Put the cheesecakes in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave them in the oven, with the door closed, for 30 minutes.
- Put the cheesecakes in the refrigerator and cool for at least 3 hours.
- Loosen the muffins with a spatula and remove them from the mold.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
- Cupcake tin with paper baking cups