Pumpkin cheesecake is a great dessert to end Thanksgiving dinner and therefor it belongs in the Thanksgiving recipe week. Creamy, sweet and delicious.
A pumpkin cake belongs to Thanksgiving dinner and this dessert is a great ending. It's easy to make and really can't go wrong.
The flavor is slightly sweet, because of the pumpkin, creamy for the cheese and spicy because of the cookies. And doesn't this look great on a Thanksgiving table.
- you probably can use pumpkin puree, but that is not widely available in the Netherlands, so I used frozen pumpkin, which I pureed.
- you want a smooth puree, so make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- you want the outside and inside to be done, use a conventional oven and not a fan, because the top will dry out easily.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this pumpkin cheesecake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
This recipe is:
- Springform 23 cm diameter
- Baking paper
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Blender or food processor with knife
- 200 grams coffee cookies
- 50 grams butter
- 400 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 70 grams sugar
- 1 egg size L
- 225 grams pumpkin
- 75 grams brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon gingerbread spices
- handful pecan nuts
- whipped cream
- Take your baking pan with a removable bottom and put a baking paper on the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- First make the bottom.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Put the cookies in a blender and make crumbs of the cookies.
- Mix the butter with the cookie crumbs.
- Spread them out on the bottom and flatten the top with a spoon.
- Put the baking pan in the refrigerator.
- Take the cream cheese and mix it with the 70 grams sugar until it's fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and whisk until it's incorporated.
- Take ⅓ of the mixture out of the bowl and put aside.
- Blend the pumpkin until you've got a smooth mixture.
- Add to the remaining ⅔ cheesecake mixture the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and gingerbread spices.
- Mix until you've got a smooth mixture.
- Put the pumpkin cheese cream mixture in the cooled cake pan, on top of the cookie crust,.
- Spread out evenly.
- Put some drops of cheesecake mixture on top.
- Take a skewer and make some swirls.
- Put the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 70 - 80 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then put at least 2 hours in the refrigerator to set fully.
- chop some pecans and whipped cream and put them in the middle of the cake just before serving.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.