A low carb recipe this cloud bread with herb. Airy, flavorful and yet very easy to prepare. Delicious with a vegetable soup.
I had signed up this month for the food blog swap where you cook for another bloggers foodblog. The blog assigned to me was a blog from Marijke called easydailyfood.com (Dutch foodblog), a food blog for quick, healthy and easy recipes. Refreshing photography and fun recipes so it was a real treat to be able to cook fromthis blog.
What I love about the food blog swap is that you have to look into someone else’s blog (which you may not even heard of yet) and even allowed to go searching around all the recipes. I usually get lost and the choice becomes so great that I afterwards don’t know what to choose. Again, I had another significant burden of choice stress. All tasty recipes, but then you have to make a choice. So I went for a quick, healthy and low-carb recipe, which I, like Marijke saw often on my blog rolls: cloud bread. Super trendy and easy to prepare. I’m certainly not following a low carb diet, but I do like variety. And a recipe with low carbs can be nice.
I ate a delicious bowl of vegetable soup with it. So I had a delicious low carb lunch. (And kind of nice to know is that the cloud bread don’t fill that much, they are especially nice in flavor and full of air. But the soup made a great supplement. And I also made a video of all the steps, to be sure to the recipe will become even more easy!
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Cloud bread with
Did you make this cloud breads with herbs? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Cloud breads with herbs
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 3 eggs size L
- 3 tablespoons quark / cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put everything ready in trays, which makes the preparation a lot easier (mise-en-place).
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another. Make sure you use fat-free bowls, otherwise you won't be able to stiffen the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the baking powder on top of the egg whites and beat until stiff (you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the egg white will remain stick to the bottom).
- In the second bowl, mix the egg yolks, honey, cottage cheese, herbs and salt with a whisk.
- Add 1/3 of the stiff egg white to the egg yolks and mix well. Therefor the egg white and yolks will get used to each other and the mixture will become more airy.
- If all is well mixed you carefully add the rest of the egg whites and you mix it gently with the egg yolks. Not too rough, because you want to preserve as much air as possible.
- With an ice cream scoop place the batter on your baking sheet and then put the plate in the oven.
- Bake the clouds bread for 20 minutes, until done.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the bread cool.
- Scoop them with a pallet knife from the baking paper and serve.