Break a piece of this homemade bread filled with garlic butter and dip into the warm and spicy cheese. Cheese fondue as finger food (but than better).
Tomorrow is Mother's Day, but you knew that already, of course. I do anyway. Certain places in the house are now mother prohibited areas. So I may not get there, they will not tell me why not and if I get nearby the boys jump around with a lot of noise (it's vacation so they have got al lot of time). I have therefore given up cleaning that part of their rooms and will be back on Monday.
Today I have got a very good recipe, which is nice as a snack when you're socializing for Mother's Day or another party. A dip and break bread which I found on the site of bbcgoodfood (with all kinds of delicious recipes) and I've adapted the recipe a bit. Because I used the Nije cheese that you can buy at our local Landwinkel (Coop) and that cheese is wrapped in plastic, I had to use a ramekin. But that's no problem, the end result is delicious!
It's a good taste!
Dip and break bread with
Did you make this dip and break bread with cheese? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Dip and break bread with cheese
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Aluminium foil
- Mixer with dough hooks or a kitchen machine with dough hooks
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- plastic foil
- 1 garlic bulb
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 eggs size L
- 20 mL milk
- 400 Grams Flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 30 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon grated
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg grated fresh
- 200 grams butter unsalted, sliced into cubes
Dip and break bread with cheese
- poppy seeds optional
- 1 Camember or Nije kaas if you can get one
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
1 day before
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the tip of the garlic crosswise and put the bulb on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle some olive oil and salt over it and fold the foil so it's closed.
- Place the garlic for 1 hour in the oven.
- Remove and let cool .
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the milk.
- In a second add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt and mix with a fork.
- Take the mixer with the dough hooks and while mixing on low speed add the fluid to the second bowl.
- When everything is added knead 8 to 10 minutes and cover with plastic.
- Put away in the refrigerator until the next day .
Day of serving
- Take the cooled down garlic bulb you made yesterday.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves in a bowl empty.
- Mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Line a baking plate with parchment paper.
- Set the ramekins in the middle of the baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 25 equally sized pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and form into a ball.
- Press with your finger a deep hole in the ball (but not through it) and spoon half a teaspoon of the garlic / olive oil mixture .
- Pinch the dough together and roll it in a ball.
- Put the dough ball with the seam on the bottom around the ramekin.
- Repeat for a total of 10 balls.
- Then make a second ring with the remaining 15 pieces of dough.
- The balls do not have to touch each other.
- Cover the bread with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes .
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Topping and baking
- Chop the rosemary finely.
- Grab the cheese from the refrigerator and cut the top of the cheese ( the scab).
- Sprinkle some rosemary on the cheese.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds (if you do not have poppy seeds then leave this step behind) .
- Bake 15-20 minutes in the oven.
What did I use to prepare this
<h3 style="display:inline;" >What did I use to prepare this</h3><h6 style="display: inline;">recipe?</h6>
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.