Take a bit of this dip and break bread and smear with a bit of the warm cheese, which got a nice flavor because of the herbs. Cheese fondue as finger food (and probably even better).
Today I've got a delicious recipe, which you can serve at your next cocktail party, brunch or when you've got a gathering like Mother's Day.
A dip and break bread with cheese which I've found on the site of BBC good food and which I've adapted to my own taste. And in the middle I've put a Camembert cheese which will melt in the oven when this bread is baked.
Once done take a piece of the garlic bun and smear it with some Camembert. And enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- 1 garlic bulb
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 eggs size L
- 20 mL milk
- 500 Grams Flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 30 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon grated
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg grated fresh
- 200 grams butter unsalted, sliced into cubes
Dip and break bread with cheese
- poppy seeds optional
- 1 Camember or Nije kaas if you can get one
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
1 day before
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius.)
- Cut the tip of the garlic crosswise and put the bulb on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle some olive oil and salt over it and fold the foil so it's closed.
- Place the garlic for 1 hour in the oven.
- Remove and let cool .
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the milk.
- In a second add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt and mix with a fork.
- Take the mixer with the dough hooks and while mixing on low speed add the fluid to the second bowl.
- When everything is added knead 8 to 10 minutes and cover with plastic.
- Put away in the refrigerator until the next day .
Day of serving
- Take the cooled down garlic bulb you made yesterday.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves in a bowl empty.
- Mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Line a baking plate with parchment paper.
- Set the ramekins in the middle of the baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 25 equally sized pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and form into a ball.
- Press with your finger a deep hole in the ball (but not through it) and spoon half a teaspoon of the garlic / olive oil mixture .
- Pinch the dough together and roll it in a ball.
- Put the dough ball with the seam on the bottom around the ramekin.
- Repeat for a total of 10 balls.
- Then make a second ring with the remaining 15 pieces of dough.
- The balls do not have to touch each other.
- Cover the bread with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes .
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
Topping and baking
- Chop the rosemary finely.
- Grab the cheese from the refrigerator and cut the top of the cheese ( the scab).
- Sprinkle some rosemary on the cheese.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds (if you do not have poppy seeds then leave this step behind) .
- Bake 15-20 minutes in the oven.