A nice way to present your salad on a special way is to make spring rolls. It isn't hard to make, it won't take a lot of your time. It's healthy and has a crunch. A delicious snack this time with shrimp and chicken
- If you want to make this dish earlier (in the same day), line a container with wet towels. Put the rolls inside, close airtight and store in the refrigerator until use.
- Soak the rice paper in warm water until they're soft. Then lay them on a wet towel so they won't dry out.
- If you want to make vegetarian or vegan salad rolls, use carrot, lettuce, pepper and sun-dried tomatoes as a filling
- If you want to have more of a bite use noodles instead of vermicelli
- It's great to accompany the salad rolls with sweet chili sauce, peanut sauce or another homemade sauce (made by mixing some soy sauce and roasted sesame);
- You can't store these salad rolls for more then a few hours.
It's a good taste!
- 16 sheets rice paper
- 25 shrimp
- 60 grams rice vermicelli
- 1 lettuce curly leaved
- 2 chicken breast
- vegetable stock
- Heat the vegetable stock and cook the chickenbreast for 15 minutes or until they are done.
- Take the chicken out and put the shrimp in the stock.
- Heat the shrimp until they are pink, about 4 till 5 minutes.
- Boil some water.
- Put the vermicelli in the boiling water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken breast in small pieces.
- Half the shrimp.
- Heat about 1.5 cm water in a frying pan. Put a rice sheet in for about 1 minute, until it's soften.
- Lay the rice paper on a wet towel. Fold the sheet in by 3 cm on both sides.
- On the lower half of the sheet put the lettuce. Get some vermicelli on top. Divide some chicken and shrimp on the vermicelli. Sprinkle some parsley on top.
- Wrap the rice sheet tightly.
- Repeat until all you're ingredients are used. Slice the rolls in the middle and serve.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.