This recipe for Mexican iced coffee rocks! A delicious iced coffee made from espresso and flavored with spices.
Mexico has a rich history with lots of influences. And that's reflected in their kitchen. There are influences from the Mayan, Aztec and certainly the Spaniards who colonized the country in 1521.
Mexican coffee is a popular drink that is traditionally flavored with lots of spices. So it will get tasty and flavorful. And that certainly applies to this Mexican ice coffee with cinnamon, cloves, allspice berries and anise. To cool the hot coffee which is mixed with these herbs, it will get an extra rich flavor.
Mexicans sweeten their coffee with (brown or cane) sugar, but I have omitted. It is not really necessary at this cool drink, but do add when you feel the need.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Mexican iced coffee
Did you make this Mexican iced coffee? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Mexican iced coffee rocks!
- 750 ml espresso
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- Brew the coffee, so it's good strong and put into a measuring jug of at least 1 liter (which makes it easier to serve later).
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, star anise and vanilla to the jar.
- Bruise the allspice berries and add them also to the coffee.
- Put the coffee in the refrigerator and let it become through and through cold (while the flavors of the spices will be added to the coffee taste).
- Put some ice cubes in a glass and pour the coffee in.
- Serve immediately