Refreshing is the right word for this recipe for homemade minty lemon iced tea with orange and lemon. It contains vitamins, some mint flavor and is a bit sour (because of the citrus)
We've got such great weather in the Netherlands and are really enjoying it. But warm weather is also thirsty weather. And I want to give my children something tasty and refreshing, without artificial color, fragrances, and flavors.
I can get them plain water. That's beverage number one around here, but sometimes you want something else. And then I make a homemade ice tea with orange, lemon, and other fruits, like this recipe.
Really refreshing with this warm weather and including vitamins.
The only disadvantage of this recipe is that you have to wait 2 hours before you can drink it, so it is really, really cold. But then you've got a great beverage.
As for the tea, I used green tea.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Minty Lemon Iced Tea
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 liter green tea
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 50 grams sugar
- ice cubes
- Get the juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange.
- Pour the orange juice and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice in a jug.
- Add the tea, cinnamon, honey, sugar and herbs.
- Cut the other orange and lemon in small slices. Add them to the jug as well.
- Let it cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- For serving: Add some ice cubes in a glass and pour the juice on it.