Cheesecake an typical American recipe which is very popular in the Netherlands. This Stroopwafel cheesecake is a typical Dutch cheesecake.
Stroopwafels are a Dutch product: 2 cookies with syrup in between. They have been cooked in a waffle-iron. I served this cheesecake on my birthday party and everybody loved it! Off course I will give you the recipe (and I hope you can buy stroopwafels).
- If you haven't got a kitchen machine, you can put the cookies in a bag. Tie the bag and take a rolling pin. Beat the cookies and crunch them;
- If you've got an conventional oven use it! It makes sure that the cheesecake is well-done on the in- and outside. With a convector oven it's possible that the outside is well done, but the inside is still wet.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this stroopwafel cheesecake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 260 grams graham crackers
- 350 grams stroopwafels mini
- 4 eggs size L
- 100 grams butter
- 500 grams mascarpone melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250 grams ricotta
- 150 grams sugar
- 10 grams corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the rack on the lowest ledge in the oven.
- Butter the baking form with a bit of butter.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with the baking paper.
- Crush the cookies in a kitchen machine and mix it with the melted butter.
- Spoon the cookie mixture into the baking form and flatten the cookie mixture with the back of a spoon In a bowl mix the sugar and eggs until it's fluffy.
- Add the ricotta, mascarpone, vanilla and corn flour and mix until everything is incorporated. Spoon the cheese mixture on top of the cookies on the bottom.
- Flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes and take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving crunch half of the stroopwafels and sprinkle them on top of the cake.
- Press some cookies into the cheesecake to get a nice touch.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.