This recipe for tangerine cake is sweet and fresh at the same time. Of course the tastiest in the winter, when the mandarins are juiciest.
A delicious recipe for winter when the tangerines are at their best. You can eat it as a sweet treat with coffee or as a dessert after a meal (warm with perhaps a little whipped cream).
- To get an airy cake, use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- To get as much mandarin juice when you squeeze from the tangerines, roll them out under your hand a few times on the worksheet. The juices will come free and it results in more juice.
- you replace some of the butter with yogurt, this cake is less fat.
If you like this tangerine pound cake, you also might like this olive oil lemon pound cake. Look here for the recipe!
It's a good taste!
Tangerine pound cake
Did you make this tangerine pound cake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- cake tin 14 cm
- Mixer with dough hooks or a kitchen machine with dough hooks
- 115 grams butter room temperature
- 2 eggs size L
- 200 grams flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 75 ml tangerine juice about 3 tangerines
- 125 ml yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the cake tin with butter.
- Mix in a bowl the butter until it is fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the sugar and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time (just add the second if the first is incorporated), while continuing to mix.
- Pour the mandarin juice and yogurt and mix for 1 minute.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, baking powder and salt and fold it with a spatula into the cake batter. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until a pin you stick in the center of the cake will come out clean and dry.
- Let stand for 5 minutes in the form, then loose the edges and remove the cake from the tin.
- Let it cool to room temperature
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.