Extra creamy cake, can be made by adding cream cheese and sour cream to the batter. It gives a light structure, ensures that the cake does not tastes dry and has a creamy sweet taste.
Where you make a normal pound cake with the same ratio (weight) of flour, eggs, sugar and butter, this cake is slightly different. And why would you change that?
Why add cream cheese and sour cream?
Where a normal pound cake can taste somewhat dry, the cream cheese and the sour cream ensure that this is precisely not the case with this one. But in such a way that the taste remains the same. So you get a delicious cake that tastes creamy, not dry and got a great flavor with a delicious crust.
It's a good taste!
Recipe cream cheese pound
Did you make this cream cheese pound cake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Cream cheese pound cake
- cake tin 23 cm
- 250 grams butter room temperature
- 175 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 350 grams sugar
- 60 grams sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs size L
- 250 grams flour
- 30 grams corn flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Butter the cake tin with a brush.
- Put the butter in a bowl and mix at high speed for 2 minutes until it is creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix at high speed for 1 minute.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix everything together at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Now set the mixer low and add the eggs 1 by 1. Only add the next egg when the previous one is incorporated.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt with a whisk and add to the batter. Mix at a low speed until everything is well mixed, but immediately stop mixing because otherwise you will knock the air out and you get a dense cake.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and put in the oven. Bake for 90 minutes.
- Check if the cake is cooked by sticking a satay stick in the middle. If it comes out dry, the cake is done.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and then remove the cake from the tin. Allow to cool on a rack.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Pound cake tin