Of course you can buy ready made dessert. But the most delicious desserts are those you just make yourself in your own kitchen. With a few minutes cooking time and some extra waiting time, you get this delicious orange pudding recipe with cookies.
A delicious dessert after every meal. It can be made in advance, the custard can be prepared a day in advance and the glasses filled in the morning. Store in the fridge until you're ready to eat. That's the best. A delightfully fresh dessert for summer.
It's a good taste!
Recipe orange pudding with coffee
orange pudding with coffee cookies
- 2 oranges organic
- 500 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 grams sugar
- 30 grams corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 gingersnap cookies or one of your other favorite cookies
- Grate the zest from the oranges.
- Put the zest, along with 400 ml of milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes so that the milk can get the full orange flavor from the peels.
- Strain the milk and bring to a boil again.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch with milk to a paste.
- Pour the hot milk drop by drop into the egg yolk mixture, while stirring.
- Then you pour the custard into the pan and bring it over low heat to boil, while you keep stirring. The custard will thicken slowly.
- Turn off the heat and let the custard cool slightly.
- Press the orange, strain the juice and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Stir the juice through the custard.
- Pour the custard into a bowl and cover with a plastic sheet, so it won't form a skin.
- Allow the custard to cool to room temperature.
- Break the cookies into pieces.
- Divide half of the cookies into 4 glasses.
- Scoop half of the custard on top.
- Then add the rest of the cookies and top again with the last bit of custard.
- (It's nice to garnish with cookie crumbs, add them just before serving)