Foamy lady fingers, a heap of fresh raspberries and vanilla cream. This raspberry trifle is a sweet seduction.
- a trifle is made best with fresh seasonal fruit, I used for todays recipe raspberries. But feel free to vary with strawberries, mandarin and apple parts sprinkled with cinnamon.
- raspberry and vanilla complement each other so well, so I added to the cream a little vanilla extract. In winter you could use cinnamon instead.
- you put the trifle at least one hour in the refrigerator, it is delicious cold and all the flavours will combine.
- 3½ oz ladyfingers
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1¼ cups raspberries fresh
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the lady fingers at the bottom of the scale.
- Smear the raspberry jam on top of this.
- Top with fresh raspberries (keep a few behind for garnish).
- Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla extract until stiff.
- Spoon the cream on the raspberries.
- Garnish with the reserved raspberries.
- Store for at least one hour in the refrigerator.