Bread pudding with apple and cinnamon. Leftover recipes at it's best. Tastes like an apple pie on your plate, but without the butter. A warm dessert, great for cold days.
Winter = apple time. At least in this household. We love apples and I process them all over, we eat them plain as a snack, of course. But I also make Apple jelly, desserts and cakes, and also a delicious apple stew. Every winter it's apple time and all the dishes come by.
Now I had some leftover bread last week. That might not sound strange to you, but here it's an exception. With three sons, from who two teenagers, I blink my eyes and the bread is gone. A lot of bread is eaten every week. But this time very strange, there was still some leftover. And stale bread is not one of our favorites. So I decided to make a delicious bread pudding with apples. And of course, cinnamon, because apple and cinnamon is a golden combination. Bake in the oven and you get a delicious dessert. A bit of an apple pie on your plate. A warm dessert, which was great welcome given the cold days.
So if you've got some leftover bread and some apples, then this tip: make this bread pudding with apple and cinnamon. It's delicious
- The crust of bread which becomes also a leftover from this dish, can be dried further and then crushed. That way you make your own breadcrumbs. Great for later use in a casserole or other purpose.
- I used baking spray to oil my baking dish. But if you don't have that near you, or you don't want to use it, brush the baking dish with some sunflower oil or soft butter.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Bread pudding with apple and
Did you make this bread pudding with apple and cinnamon? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Bread pudding with apple and cinnamon
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- cooking spray for greasing
- 3 apples
- 300 grams bread
- 2 eggs size L
- 200 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the bottom and sides with two tablespoons of sugar and spread it well.
- Peel the apples, cut them into quarters and cut out the cores.
- Cut each apple quarter into 3 slices.
- Take the slices of bread and cut the crusts off the bread.
- Cut the bread diagonally twice (so you get 4 triangles).
- Arrange half of the apple at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover it with the half of the triangles bread.
- Repeat the apple layer and cover everything with the rest of the bread. It looks great when the bread is a little shingled over each other)
- In a bowl add the eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Beat well and pour over the dish, so that everything is covered.
- Sprinkle the last tablespoon of sugar over the apple bread.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the apples are soft, the bread is crunchy and the sugar is caramelized.
- Serve warm.