My best pavlova recipes is a crunchy pavlova with red fruit and whipped cream. That's a treat and a delicious dessert recipe for Easter and Mother's Day.
It's always fun to come up after a nice dinner with a beautiful dessert. In winter, for example, after Christmas dinner, I often opt for a delicious dessert with chocolate, a mousse or tiramisu. Desserts that really belong to cold winter eves. But in the spring and summer I want to do something frivolers, airy and with some fruit. And a pavlova, with that delicious frothy confection is a great choice. And the best pavlova recipe for me is made from meringues with whipped cream and topped with delicious fresh fruit and floating in a raspberry sauce.
I chose here for dragon fruit, because it has such a beautiful color (which gives a truly spectacular result) and raspberries. In addition, what pomegranate seeds for a real beautiful display and additional vitamin C boost. And when you slice through this dessert and eat, all the layers together tastes superb. You spoon glides through the cream and then comes to the crunchy meringue correctly. In your mouth taste the tangy fruit first, then the rich cream and finally feel the meringue burst on your tongue. This is truly a dessert that you serve for example at Easter or Mother's Day. Everybody will love it.
- Meringue can be bought at the store, but you make them quite simple yourself. It takes yet little work, most time is used by drying the meringue in the oven. And if you have to little time on your dinner date day, make them a day in advance. If you store them in airtight you can keep them crunchy for a few days.
- The pavlova can only be assembled just before serving. The whipped cream reacts with the meringue, and melt away if you make it to early. But you can, of cours,e prepare the separate ingredients. Clean the fruit and store until use in the refrigerator, wrap the meringues airtight, whisk the cream and make the raspberry sauce. That way you can serve this elegant dessert in just 5 minutes!
It's a good taste!
Recipe pavlova with red
Did you make this pavlova with red fruit? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Best pavlova recipe with red fruit
- 4 egg whites size m
- 200 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 125 gram raspberries
- 50 gram sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pitahaya dragon fruit
- 125 gram raspberries
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- mint leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Take a clean bowl and whisk hooks (make sure to wash thoroughly before using them, otherwise the egg whites won't stiffen), and beat the egg whites until they start foaming slightly.
- Then add sugar one tablespoon at a time until glossy peaks occur.
- Add the vinegar and cornstarch and mix briefly.
- Line a baking sheet with paper and maker 4 to 5 meringue piles.
- Put in the oven and bake until hard and crispy in 90 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for another 30 minutes to cool down with the oven door closed.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on a grid.
- Store the meringues airtight until use.
- Place the raspberries and sugar in a saucepan and heat for 3 minutes. The sugar is dissolved by then and the raspberries become juicy.
- Rub the raspberries with the back of your spoon through a sieve. This keeps the seeds behind in the sieve and you have a smooth sauce.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream with the sugar until it is stiff.
- Wash the raspberries and dry on top of some kitchen paper.
- Cut the pitahaya into slices, and then in quarters.
- Place a meringue on a plate and spoon some cream on it.
- Spread ¼ of the raspberries, some quarters pitahaya and pomegranate seeds over the cream.
- Pour some sauce around and serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.