This recipe for an olive oil lemon cake contains no butter, just olive oil and yoghurt. Where as it becomes healthier and more skinny. And it became quite moist with a slightly lemon flavor which melted in your mouth.
Do you know the feeling? You've made plans for things to get done that day and at the end of the day you can conclude you didn't keep your schedule at all. Today was such a day. Just after lunch the first visitors came and keep coming to bring something or collect something. Do you want a cup of tea of coffee? And do you like a slice of my homemade olive oil lemon cake?
Lucky me: this morning I baked this cake and I already made a picture. If I had to make the picture right now I only could make a photo of a few crumbs.
The cake contains no butter, just olive oil and yoghurt. And it became quite moist with a slightly lemon flavor which melted in your mouth. De recipe is adapted from a recipe on Healthy Green Kitchen, which used a lot more sugar. To let it combine with the healthy and skinny recipes of Januari I adapted that part.
- you want to check if the cake is done, pinch a wooden stick in the middle of the cake. When it comes out dry the cake is done.
- you want to loosen your cake easily after baking you brush the inside of the tin with olive oil and dust it with flour. After baking let the cake stand for 5 minutes at room temperature before taking it out of the tin.
- you want to increase the lemon flavor (but also the sugar amount) prick the top of the cake with a stick when the cake is still in the tin. Then make a syrup from 30 grams powdered sugar with 60 mL lemon juice. Pour this over the top of the cake, so it will be absorbed. Let it cool down for another 10 minutes before you remove the cake tin.
- By replacing the yogurt with soy yogurt (or coconut yogurt) this recipe becomes lactose-free
- You can replace the lemon with orange.
- a cup of coffee or tea at 4 o'clock
- as a dessert (warm) served with some vanilla ice cream.
- some lemon syrup dripped on top
- you can store this cake in an airtight container up to 3 days
- this cake can be frozen. First wrap it in plastic foil and then in a second layer of aluminium foil. Freeze for a maximum of three months. When you want to eat the cake thaw it at room temperature where as you remove the wrappings as soon as possible.
It's a good taste!
Recipe olive oil lemon
Did you make this olive oil lemon pound cake? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Olive oil lemon pound cake
- 180 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest grated, biological lemon
- 120 mL yogurt
- 180 grams sugar
- 3 eggs size L
- 120 mL olive oil fruity
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the inside of the cake tin with the olive oil and dust with flour.
- Mix in a small bowl the flour, sugar, lemon zest and baking powder with a fork.
- In a bigger bowl mix with a whisk the eggs, yogurt, sugar and olive oil.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Small lumbs is not a very big problem dough.
- Pour the bater in the tin and put the tin in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Check if the cake is ready by using a stick.
- When the cake is done, put the tin on a rack and let cool down for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cake from the tin.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.