This recipe for an olive oil lemon cake contains no butter, just olive oil, and yogurt. Whereas it becomes healthier and more skinny. And it became quite moist with a slight lemon flavor which melted in your mouth.
Do you know the feeling? You've made plans for things to get done that day and at the end of the day, you can conclude you didn't keep your schedule at all. Today was such a day. Just after lunch the first visitors came and keep coming to bring something or collect something. Do you want a cup of tea or coffee? And do you like a slice of my homemade olive oil lemon cake?
Lucky me: this morning I baked this cake and I already made a picture. If I had to make the picture right now I only could make a photo of a few crumbs.
The cake contains no butter, just olive oil, and yogurt. And it became quite moist with a slight lemon flavor which melted in your mouth. De recipe is adapted from a recipe on Healthy Green Kitchen, which used a lot more sugar. To let it combine with the healthy and skinny recipes of Januari I adapted that part.
- Check if the cake is done, by pinching a wooden stick in the middle of the cake. When it comes out dry the cake is done.
- If you want to loosen your cake easily after baking, brush the inside of the tin with olive oil and dust it with flour. Tap out the excess flour. After baking let the cake stand for 5 minutes at room temperature before taking it out of the tin.
- Optional: If you want a more intense lemon flavor (but also the sugar amount) prick the top of the cake with a stick when the cake is still in the tin. Then make a syrup with 1 zo. (30 grams) confectioners sugar and ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice. Pour this over the top of the cake, so it will be absorbed. Let it cool down for another 10 minutes before you remove the cake tin.
- By replacing the yogurt with soy yogurt (or coconut yogurt) this recipe becomes lactose-free
- You can replace the lemon with orange.
Preparaton and storage
- You can store this cake in an airtight container for up to 3 days
- This cake can be frozen. First, wrap it in plastic foil and then in the second layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for a maximum of three months. When you want to eat the cake thaw it at room temperature whereas you remove the wrappings as soon as possible.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Olive oil lemon pound cake
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 180 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest grated, biological lemon
- 120 ml yogurt
- 180 grams sugar
- 3 eggs size L
- 120 ml olive oil fruity
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Brush the inside of the cake tin with olive oil and dust with flour.
- Mix in a small bowl the flour, sugar, lemon zest, and baking powder with a fork.
- In a bigger bowl mix with a whisk the eggs, yogurt, sugar, and olive oil.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Small lumbs is not a very big problem dough.
- Pour the batter in the tin and put the tin in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Check if the cake is ready by using a stick.
- When the cake is done, put the tin on a rack and let cool down for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cake from the tin.