A creamy carrot cake sweetened with dried dates, ginger and herbal tea. Wholemeal flour and coconut complete this delicious cake.
A new month, a new food blog swap. And this month I cook from the blog: Bijna net zo lekker als thuis (Dutch blog). Johanneke is the author of this blog, and when I was reading her delicious recipes, I came along the statement "my husband thinks I just have to write a carrot cake cookbook". That was enough for me to look closer at the carrot cake recipes, which Johanneke indeed got some on her blog.
This dairy-free carrot cake, sweetened with dates, ginger and tea immediately appealed to me. How it would taste I did not know yet, but since there was the suggestion of writing a carrot cake cookbook that probably was going to taste delicious. And that was indeed the case.
Although there was no sugar added, the cake was surprisingly sweet. It was not dry, but actually very smooth. And it was eaten in no time. I think this carrot cake cookbook is a good idea!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Carrot cake
Did you make this carrot cake lactose free? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Carrot cake lactose free
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 100 grams dates pitted
- 150 ml hot tea l used cinnamon flavor
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs size L
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 75 grams whole meal
- 100 grams flour
- 3 candied ginger balls finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut grated dried
- 150 grams carrot grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Butter a cake tin with sunflower oil and coat with flour. Beat the excess flour from the mold.
- Chop the dates very finely and mix with the baking soda.
- Pour the hot tea in and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the sunflower oil.
- Mix the eggs and oil well until you get a mixture.
- Pour the dates with tea in and mix everything well.
- Scoop then the cinnamon, spices, and wholemeal flour in the bowl. Mix well with a spatula until you have a batter.
- Finally add the ginger, sesame seeds, coconut and carrot into the batter. Mix together with a spatula and pour it into the pan.
- Bake the cake for 60 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Pound cake tin