Discover a delicious and easy recipe for stuffed apples from the oven with walnuts and raisins. Imagine walking into a warm, nice-smelling kitchen. The sweet aroma of gingerbread and honey fills the air, and you suddenly get hungry.
That's precisely what you get from these delicious apple desserts. And another advantage: this recipe is not only irresistibly tasty, but also very easy to make.
Baked Apples with Walnuts
Today, it is a deliciously slim and easy dessert. A stuffed apple that is tasty because of its filling, and to which a small amount of honey has been added to make a sauce.
This delicious dessert is not only effortless to make, but also has a lot of flavor. It's a fun way to use leftover apples and an option for a quick fruit dessert. The flavors of the sweet raisins, crunchy walnuts, and soft apples form a wonderful harmony that will surprise you.
Bakes Apples with Nuts and Raisins
You don't need years of experience in the kitchen for this easy recipe. You'll be amazed at how easy it is to make. Starting by making the filling and then hollowing out the apples and filling them with the nut and raisin mix. And the oven will do the rest.
A perfectly baked apple, with a delicious filling and the released juices, creates a caramel sauce. A delicious warm dessert for cold days! Have fun cooking!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 4 tablespoons orange juice fresh
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 walnuts chopped coarse
- 4 sour apples like Granny Smith
- 2 tablespoons orange juice fresh
- 4 teaspoons butter unsalted
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Soak the raisins overnight in 4 tablespoons of orange juice.6 tablespoons raisins, 4 tablespoons orange juice
- The next day: Mix the raisins with the honey, walnuts, and cinnamon.4 tablespoons honey, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 8 walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 320 °F
- Peel the apples and core them.4 sour apples
- Brush the apples with orange juice.2 tablespoons orange juice
- Put them in the baking dish, side to side.
- Fill the apples with the raisin mixture.
- Spoon a little butter on top.4 teaspoons butter
- Pour water into the baking dish (about ½ inch (1 cm) in height) and put the baking dish in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- After that, get the dish out of the oven.
- Place each apple on a plate. Pour the remaining sauce around the apples.
- Brush the outside of the apple with orange juice. This gives a nice taste and ensures that the apples do not discolor.
- If you're short on time, soak the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes to get the same results.
- Place the butter on top of the apple. Baking in the oven melts it and caramelizes the outside of the apple.
- You cook the apples in a layer of water in the oven. The juices released from the apple and herbs during baking mix with the water and create a delicious sauce.
- If you replace the butter with vegetable margarine, the recipe is lactose-free.
- You can make the filling up to 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Once the apples are baked, you can no longer store them. So eat them immediately.