A skinny desert, that's certainly a good description of this recipe for filled and baked apples. By adding the gingerbread spices, they got great flavor
Wow, startup problems! Yesterday we celebrated the New Year (again) and I didn't drink alcohol, but I notice that when I party until the late hours that coming out of my bed is a bit more difficult (going to bed still isn't). Jee, I'm getting older.... Today a nice skinny dessert. A filled apple tasteful because of it's filling, which only contains a small amount of sweetener (honey), also to make the sauce.
- the orange juice is brushed on the outside of the apple, it doesn't only adds a nice flavor, but also the apple won't brown because of the sour in the orange juice.
- you don't have a lot of time, you soak the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes to get the same result.
- you add a bit of butter on top of the butter, this wil melt and caramelizes the apple quite beautiful (and the apple will stay moist.
- you boil the apples in a small amount of water, the juices of the apple and spices will combine with the water and gives a great sauce.
- Substitute the butter with margarine for a vegan recipe. And lactose free
- Currants and raisins can be substituted.
- Substitute the currants with cranberries for a fresh flavor.
- a scoop vanilla ice cream (but you'll get extra calories with that choice).
- After baking these apples can't be stored. Eat them right away.
- The filling can be prepared and stored for 3 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator
Other delicious fruit dessert
- Pavlova with fresh fruit
- Apple and peach oatmeal crumble
- Orange and honey with walnuts (skinny dessert)
- Strawberry cream
It's a good taste!
Recipe Filled and baked
Did you make this filled and baked apples? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Filled and baked apples
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- apple corer
- oven dish
- 4 apples
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 6 tablespoons orange juice fresh
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 8 walnuts chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Soak the raisins overnight in 4 tablespoons orange juice.
- The next day: Mix the raisins with the honey, walnuts and gingerbread spices.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the apple and core them.
- Brush the apples with the remaining orange juice.
- Put them in the baking dish, side to side.
- Fill the apples with the raisin mixture.
- Add a little butter on top.
- Pour water in the baking dish (about 1 cm in height) and put the baking dish in the oven.
- After done get the dish out of the oven and place each apple on a plate.
- Pour the remaining sauce (add a small amount of water or milk if it became to dry) around the apples.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.