Imagine a delicious apple pie with caramel, a delightful temptation you can't get enough of. The sweet sandy base, creamy caramel layer, and sweet apple pieces are a great combination. This is a delicious treat that melts on your tongue. So enjoyable.
Apple Pie with Dulce de Leche
My husband is an apple pie lover. I bet I can wake him up in the middle of the night for that (I haven't tried that yet, but don't bring me on any ideas 😉). And that's why I regularly make apple pie.
Such as a classic Dutch apple pie (like Grandma Bakes) or a custard apple pie, which is wonderfully fresh. And this apple pie with dulce de leche, which you can easily make yourself from condensed milk, is also a pie that I will bake more often.
Toffee Apple Pie with Dulce de Leche
I made this cake for my birthday, and everyone got a smile on their face when I served the pieces. The caramel and apple formed an irresistible combination, with the sweetness of the caramel and the fresh apple.
The cake plates were returned cleared, and my guests asked if they could be served more often on birthdays. No problem at all; I'm happy to hear that! And, of course, I had to share this recipe with you.
I've adapted this recipe from Jamie Oliver.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Toffee Apple Pie
- 1 sticks butter cold
- ⅘ cup confectioners sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest biological
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks size L
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Dulce de leche
- 4 apples Granny smith
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam warm
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Prepare the dough
- Use the food processor with a knife and add butter.
- Pulse so you get small butter particles.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, salt, lemon zest, and flour. Pulse until everything is blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg yolks and pulse three times.
- Finally, you pour the milk in and pulse until the dough loosens from the wall.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and make a flat disc. Pack in a plastic wrap and put it 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread the dough on the tart tin bottom and sides (diameter 10 inch - 26 cm), and afterward, put it in the fridge for half an hour.
Prepare the toffee apple pie
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 390 °F or 350 °F
- Peel the apples and cut them into ¼ inches (½ cm) slices.
- Remove the pastry from the freezer and spread the dulce de leche on the bottom.
- Divide the apples on this layer.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and brush the top with apricot jelly (so it will shine). Let the pie cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the springform and let it cool down to room temperature on a rack.
- This apple pie can be made a day in advance. Before serving, warm it up briefly in an oven preheated to 300 °F (150 °C).
- Refrigerator: The apple pie can be kept in the fridge for two days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the apple pie for up to a month. Warm it up just before serving.