Soft and sweet grilled banana boast sprinkled with smokey bourbon and covered with a layer of chocolate and sticky marshmallows. An easy and delicious BBQ dessert.
Sometimes you feel like something sweet after the BBQ. Most of the times I make a casserole with grilled s'mores, a delicious recipe, with chocolate, cake and caramel. Now I thought there was nothing that could top that. But these grilled banana boats with bourbon, chocolate and marshmallows are just as delicious. And nice as a change.
The idea for a new dessert evolved
You may be wondering how I got this idea for banana boats, but that's because I'm linked to the duizenden1dag blog for the July Food Blog Swap. And there I found bananas with rum and vanilla sugar. Deliciously prepared on the BBQ.
Now the intention is that you give such a recipe your own twist. And that became the addition of chocolate and marshmallows. And I replaced the rum with bourbon because I thought it would go even better with this as a flavor (and it was ;-))
This is a really delicious recipe for banana boats with bourbon, chocolate and marshmallow, but maybe you want to vary a thing or two. Here some nice ideas:
- When children eat are served these banana boats leave the bourbon out. You can replace it with a creamy ready-made caramel sauce (sinfully tasty)
- The bourbon can be replaced with rum or coconut liqueur for a tropical version. Or amaretto for a sweet almond flavor.
- Use dark chocolate for an even deeper chocolate taste.
- Fold a small container of aluminum foil in which you put the banana. This way the banana stays upright while you grill it on your BBQ
- Cut the banana vertical on the top (just half way, not through and through) and loosen the skin a little. Under the skin you can put the chocolate and marshmallows. When grilling, the banana is then deliciously covered with flavors.
- If you can only buy large marshmallows, cut them into small pieces yourself. That works just fine for this recipe.
Banana boats can't be prepared in advanced because they will turn brown. You eat them right away. And you can't freeze them either. But what can you do:
- Cut the chocolate and marshmallows in small pieces, so you only have to add them just before grilling.
- Prepare the aluminium containers for your banana boats and put the bananas in them. So everything is already prepared and you just have to slice them.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
- Another delicious fruit dessert is this strawberry sauce with strawberry pieces. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- Also delicious: homemade banana ice cream a super simple recipe
- Panna cotta with a gin sauce, a recipe that is easy to prepare.
- Do you absolutely love chocolate: homemade chocolate ice cream is a top recipe. With a delicious full chocolate taste.
Banana boats with bourbon, chocolate and marshmallows
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 30 grams milk chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons marshmallows mini
- Make an aluminum boat in which you can put the bananas, so that they remain upside when you grill them.
- Cut with a sharp knife vertical about halfway the banana
- Fold the skin slightly aside and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of whiskey.
- Divide half of the chocolate and marshmallows over the banana.
- Repeat these steps for the second banana.
- Place the bananas on the grill for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool for 2 minutes (or you will burn your mouth).