An easy dessert recipe: mango mousse which is fresh, spicy because of the brown gin with all it's herbs and crunchy by the added Cantuccini.
A delicious and airy recipe this mango mousse with a touch of gin. Easy to prepare and delicious. I used some brown gin (with spices) because of the extra flavor. And because our mango juice was slightly sweetened I didn't add any sugar. If you got unsweetened mango juice, just add sugar at taste.
- gelatin dissolves in a hot liquid, you heat the mango juice. The strength of the gelatin will lower when the liquid is boiling, so turn the heat off before you add the gelatin.
- Soak gelatin in cold water, before adding it to the warm liquid. Otherwise the outside of the gelatin swells to quick and the liquid can't reach the inside.
- First combine a bit of egg white with the cream, so it becomes a bit airy and it will mix better and therefor stays lighter in the end.
Preparation mango mousse with brown
In the morning
- This mango mousse can be made in the morning. Store in the refrigerator until use.
- there are children attending dessert, soak the cantuccini in mango juice instead of gin.
- in this recipe you need 2 sheets of gelatin. If you have powdered gelatin use 1 teaspoon instead. You can also use agar agar (add 1 gram)
- if you don't want to use normal egg whites in case of the Salmonella which could be on the eggs (which doesn't happen often, but it can so don't serve raw eggs to elderly or sick people and young children), use pasteurized egg whites which can be bought in the supermarket. You can also use aquafaba. Aquafaba is the liquid that stays behind after cooking beans (like chicken peas). 3 tablespoons aquafaba replaces 1 egg white.
- Mango can also be substituted with pineapple. Replace the Gin with Malibu for a tropical dessert.
- sprinkle some coconut on top of the mousse. Mango and coconut is a great combination.
- Use this mango mousse the same day. You use raw eggs so don't store it.
Other delicious mousse
- strawberry and white chocolate mousse
- chocolate mousse with cream
- 3 sort chocolate mousse
- strawberry mousse with oatmeal (a really delicious breakfast)
It's a good taste!
Recipe Mango mousse with brown
Mango mousse with brown gin
- 6 tablespoons cantuccini italian cookies: small variant otherwise break them in small pieces
- 4 tablespoons gin with spices
- 1 mango
- 2 sheets gelatin
- 2 egg whites only
- 200 mL mango juice
- 150 mL cream
- Put the gelatin sheets in a bowl with cold water.
- In each bowl place 1½ tablespoon of cantuccini.
- Pour 1 tablespoon gin on each glass with cookies and let them stand for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cookies, so every cookie get it's share of gin.
- Cut the mango in small cubes and put one tablespoon of mangocubes on the cantuccini.
- Heat 100 ml Mango juice and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat of and add the gelatin sheets.
- Whisk well so they will dissolve. Let it cool down slightly.
- Stiffen the egg whites in a bowl.
- In a second bowl beat the cream until it's stif.
- With a spatula whisk the mango/gelatine juice through the cream.
- Add the egg whites and gently spoon the whites in (so everything stays light).
- With a spoon put the mousse on the mango and put the glasses for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat 100 mL mango juice until you get a thick syrup and let it cool down.
- Cut the mango in small slices.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of mango syrup on the mousse.
- Decorate with mango slices. Bon appetit!
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.