Use in this recipe for a chocolate mousse dessert with cream, dark chocolate with lots of cocoa. Then the mousse will include a rich chocolate flavor.
Use in this recipe for a chocolate mousse dessert with cream, dark chocolate with lots of cocoa. Then the mousse will include a rich chocolate flavor. If you start working with milk chocolate or dark chocolate with a cocoa content of around 50% over the chocolate flavor is less intense. And the full flavor is exactly what this mousse makes so terrific. And if you want to make it even better use super chocolate, like Callebaut or Valrhona chocolate. Nothing competes with that!
Also don't go for the cheap brands of chocolate, the so called budget packers. These are often very rich in oil, making your mousse not nice and airy. And if no kids are eating dessert? Add a dash of café Marakesh (or another coffee liqueur) for additional taste sensation.
This mousse contains no raw eggs and is therefore suitable for pregnant women, children and the elderly.
It's a good taste!
Chocolate mousse with
Chocolate mousse with cream
- Bowl and pan (au-bain-marie)
- Mixer or whisk
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 250 ml cream
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Marrakesh cafe or coffee liqueur optional
- Bring a pan with water almost to the boil.
- Hang a bowl in the pan, while not touching the hot water.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt the chocolate in the warm bowl (this method is called au-bain-marie).
- When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the water bath and put it at room temperature.(about 5 minutes)
- Put the cream, mascarpone and sugar into a bowl and whisk until you get soft peaks.
- Optional: stir the liquor into the mousse with a spatula.
- Spoon about ⅓ of the melted chocolate into the bowl the cream mixture and mix gently with a spatula gently.
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate and mix gently with the spatula until blended.
- Divide the mousse into the glasses with a spoon. Put the mousse in the refrigerator.
- Put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.