Tiramisu is a delicious dessert from Italy. And this chocolate tiramisu consists of delicious chocolate cookies, creamy mascarpone, and a hint of coffee. The tiramisu is made without raw eggs.
Tiramisu is a very versatile dessert. Of course, you can make it the "original" way, with raw eggs, Marsala wine, mascarpone, and ladyfingers, but think out of the box with a chocolate variant or even fresh fruit. This variant contains chocolate and no raw eggs.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
- 200 grams Chocolate biscuits
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 250 ml cream
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur like Tia Maria and Marakesh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa cocoa + extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 75 grams sugar
- In a bowl add the mascarpone, sugar, cocoa, coffee liqueur, vanilla, espresso powder, and cream and whisk with a mixer until you've got a lobed mixture.
- Break the biscuits and take half of the cookies and make a layer at the bottom of the bowl/cup/glass.
- Spoon on the top half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Lay the second layer with chocolate cookies.
- Then distribute the remaining mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Put at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, for more flavor and for the mascarpone to stiffen.