This recipe for a quick Licor 43 tiramisu lives up to its name. Within 10 minutes on the table. Every bite is creamy, melts on your tongue and is SO rich and delicious! And because it's served in individual glasses everybody gets an equal part. That's why it's an ideal way to serve an elegant dessert at your next dinner party!
And what is great about it, is that you can prepare it in advance. When making it a day ahead the flavors will get more intense and then it becomes even better.
Licor 43 dessert, a Guilty Pleasure
When thinking of this recipe I opted for a nice simple dessert. It should be easy to prepare and a real Guilty Pleasure. And because I love Licor 43 I decided to make a tiramisu with Licor 43. Well, that combination can only be great.
And it certainly was. Licor 43 is a Spanish liqueur with 43 secret ingredients (hence the name). It has a bit of a vanilla-like flavor and is very tasty. And I'm not the only one who thinks positively about the liquor, so proves the exports to over 60 countries around the world.
This tiramisu is a bit different from the original Italian recipe because it uses cream instead of eggs. The cream is combined with the mascarpone to make it airy. And instead of Marsala, Licor 43 came in place. It became rich, decadent, and had a nice sweet flavor.
Easy Tiramisu ingredients
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Lady Fingers - A classic ingredient in a tiramisu. They absorb the liquids really well (they're also great to dip in your coffee or tea ;-). You can substitute them with sponge cake, pound cake or biscotti.
- Mascarpone - A soft cream cheese, which is made with cream. This cheese is most famous for the use in.... tiramisu (and cheesecake recipes). You could substitute it with cream cheese. The flavor and structure will change a little bit.
- Cream - Beat the cream airy and mix with the mascarpone. This will give an airier cream layer. You can leave it behind though and just whisk the mascarpone with honey and vanilla-extract.
- Vanilla-extract - Gives a delicious flavor to the Mascarpone cream. You can replace it with 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or the seeds of a vanilla pod.
- Honey - The sweetener of the mascarpone cream. You can replace it with confectioner's sugar. Don't use regular sugar, because it can stay coarse in your mascarpone cream mixture and gives a bite.
- Licor 43 - A sweet and spicy yellow colored liqueur. But you can also substitute this with Frangelico, Baileys, Amaretto. Or go without alcohol and make a virgin tiramisu by using caramel syrup.
How to make Tiramisu with Licor 43
You can find a recipe that you can easily print at the bottom of this blog.
- Whisk the cream, vanilla extract and honey for a minute.
- Add mascarpone and mix until it's smooth. Make sure your mascarpone is at room temperature when doing this.
- Break some ladyfingers into a glass and drizzle a bit of licor 43 on top. Then add mascarpone cream.
- Break the remaining ladyfingers and top the mascarpone. Sprinkle some licor 43 on top. Let it cool in the refrigerator.
Want to serve this as a part of an Italian dinner party
If you want to serve this for an Italian dinner party I'll have some great ideas for you!
- Carpaccio - a famous Italian starter, made with beef, pine nuts and arugula. Or go for this vegetarian beet carpaccio, which I can recommend.
- Ravioli filled with ricotta Parmesan cheese. Creamy and delicious.
Main and Sides
- Shrimp arugula risotto. So creamy, tender and easy to prepare.
- Italian chicken casserole with arugula. Slide it in the oven and serve with some pasta.
- My best homemade lasagne. Everytime the whole dish is empty afterwards.
- Tomato salad with Parmesan, pesto and pine nuts. So easy and so full of flavor.
As a dessert I can recommend you..... this Licor 43 Tiramisu in a glass. So easy, so rich, so elegant.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Quick tiramisu with licor 43
- 6 ladyfingers
- 4 teaspoons licor 43
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- speculoos crumbled, optional
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Divide three ladyfingers over the two glasses.6 ladyfingers
- Sprinkle the cookies in each glass with 1 teaspoon of Licor 43.4 teaspoons licor 43
- Mix the cream, vanilla extract, and honey for one minute.3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, 3 tablespoons cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons honey
- Add the mascarpone and whisk until smooth.
- Top the ladyfingers with the mascarpone cream.
- Put the ladyfingers on top and sprinkle with the remaining Licor 43.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Dust with cocoa.4 teaspoons Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- (Optional you can crumble some speculoos on the tiramisu)speculoos
- Ladyfingers - You can substitute them with sponge cake, pound cake, or biscotti.
- Mascarpone - Replace it with cream cheese. But be aware that the structure and flavor might change a bit.
- Cream - If you don't have it, you can leave it behind.
- Vanilla extract - You can substitute it with 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar or the seeds of a vanilla pod.
- Honey - Use confectioner's sugar or a liquid sweetener (like golden syrup).
- Licor 43 - This is delicious with Frangelico, Baileys, Amaretto. Or go without alcohol and make a virgin tiramisu by using caramel syrup.
- Make it ahead. You can easily prepare it a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. It even tastes better!
- Refrigerator - You can store the tiramisu in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Freezer - You can freeze tiramisu. Wrap plastic all around and make sure it won't break (it's still glass). This way it will stay good for 2 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. But now that the structure will not be as good as the freshly prepared dessert. And make sure not to dust with cocoa. Put that on top after defrosting.