This salad is simple to prepare! The tomato blends wonderfully with the pesto, peppery olive oil, salty cheese and the nutty flavor of toasted pine nuts.
Starting today, there will be a daily dish on the site which, at the end of the week, completes a festive menu . With recipes, tips and tricks and planning. Because you want to be a part of the party, you don't want to spent all the time in the kitchen or have to work so hard on the day of your party that you drop down at your party. And that is no longer necessary!
We start this week with an Italian buffet. Tasty salads, pasta, bread, and a delicious dessert! And on the day of the party there is not much more work to do and the buffet is a big succes (also when there are children invited).
- Because this salad is all about the flavor of the tomatoes is wise to buy the best tomatoes you can find. Roma tomatoes are great.
- You can use pine nuts just as you bought them and sprinkle them on this dish, but when they are roasted, the nutty flavor is much more intense.
- Choose for this dish a fruity extra virgin olive oil. Read the labels on the bottle well to get an impression of the taste.
- I made this pesto made with basil because basil and tomatoes are a great and well known combination. But you can vary in herbs. For example, you can make it with parsley so you get a parsley pesto.
Up to 1 week in advance:
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
2 days before the party:
- Make the pesto . Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator .
1 day before the party:
- Scrape the parmesan cheese. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Party day (in the morning):
- Cut the tomatoes into slices. Place a damp paper towel in a container. Arrange the tomato slices on it and close the container with a lid. Put in the fridge until use.
It's a good taste!
Italian buffet: tomato salad with Parmesan, pesto and
tomato salad with Parmesan, pesto and pine nuts
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 15 grams basil
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese broken into pieces
- 1 clove garlic peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more if desired
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tomatoes
- pepper freshly ground
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil extra virgin
- Toast the pine nuts for the salad and pesto in a dry frying pan until they are colored light brown and smell nutty (about 2-3 minutes).
- Grab the food processor and puy the basil, roasted pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl.
- Grind the ingredients finely.
- Check the thickness of the pesto. If it isn't smooth enough, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix until blended.
- Check again and repeat the last step until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Cut the tomatoes as thin as possible and place on 8 different plates.
- Spread 2 teaspoons pesto on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper (at taste).
- Put some Parmesan and pine nuts on all the tomatoes. Pour some olive oil on top and serve!
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- frying pan