A broad bean salad with a delicious honey mustard dressing, crunchy lettuce, creamy goat cheese, tangy sun dried tomatoes and salty bacon. Delicious
The sun was shining and I love a salad in this weather. I worked in the meadow today and there were quite a lot broad beans and lettuce. That is a great base for a nice salad with some bacon and honey.
If you don't like the bacon, or you are a vegetarian, you can use more sun-dried tomatoes instead.
Broad bean salad
- 50 gram broad beans
- 100 gram Lettuce different kinds
- 150 grams bacon or extra sun-dried tomatoes for a fully vegetarian dish
- 50 grams goat cheese sliced in bits
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra vierge
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar white
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Bring water with one teaspoon of salt to a boil and cook the broad beans for three minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Deskin the big broad beans.
- Warm a frying pan and bake the bacon until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Break the bacon in small pieces.
- Mix the lettuce, broad beans, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon well.
- In a second bowl whisk olive oil, mustard, vinegar and honey.
- At taste add some vinegar or honey.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and eat immediately.
- This is a very nice dish with a baguette.