A broad bean salad with a delicious honey mustard dressing, crunchy lettuce, creamy goat cheese, tangy sun dried tomatoes and salty bacon. Delicious
The sun was shining and I love a salad in this weather. I worked in the meadow today and there were quite a lot broad beans and lettuce. That is a great base for a nice salad with some bacon and honey.
If you don't like the bacon, or you are a vegetarian, you can use more sun-dried tomatoes instead.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Broad bean salad
- 50 gram broad beans
- 100 gram Lettuce different kinds
- 150 grams bacon or extra sun-dried tomatoes for a fully vegetarian dish
- 50 grams goat cheese sliced in bits
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra vierge
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar white
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Bring water with one teaspoon of salt to a boil and cook the broad beans for three minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Deskin the big broad beans.
- Warm a frying pan and bake the bacon until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Break the bacon in small pieces.
- Mix the lettuce, broad beans, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon well.
- In a second bowl whisk olive oil, mustard, vinegar and honey.
- At taste add some vinegar or honey.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and eat immediately.
- This is a very nice dish with a baguette.